FC Internal Firmware 1.08

Status
Not open for further replies.

BryantP

Administrator
A new release of the FC Firmware is available.

www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fc/1.0/fc_rel_1p08.zip

FC 1.08 Release Notes:
  • Improved communications for daisy chained units (requires Axe-Fx III 6.02 or later to benefit)
  • Mini-LCDs will no longer hold random patterns on power down
How to update (FractalBot 3.0.0 or later):
  1. Power on the Axe-Fx III and FC normally (do not manually enter failsafe mode on the FC).
  2. Open FractalBot 3.0.0 and choose Axe-Fx III as the device.
  3. Browse to the firmware update file (e.g. fc_rel_1p08.syx).
  4. Press Begin.
  5. When the transfer is complete, power cycle the FC.

After updating my FC12 now loads directly to fail safe mode without me pressing any buttons. So far I've tried turning on/off a few times and reloading new FC firmware again. Any ideas?

Thx

There is at least one other thread that talks about people changing the midi timeout time to 800 or 1000. Also, make sure you have the new Fractal Bot.

Are using utility mode? Do not use utility mode with the latest version of FractalBot (3.0.0). Instead, choose Axe-Fx III as your device.

Reactions: Rex
That fixed it- many thanks. I got mixed up watching Chris's video with the old version of Fractal Bot.
Cheers

Strange behaviour : after updating by Fractal Bot -> Device AXE 3 , it updated perfectly BUT now the lights on the FC6 change one by one....so when it goes to for example layout 1 : presets...all the 4 presets led change colour one after each other...NOT at the same time....

Is this normal ?
Have updated several times...:rolleyes:

UPDATE : suddenly it goes much more faster and seems to have solved its own problem....:)

Strange behaviour : after updating by Fractal Bot -> Device AXE 3 , it updated perfectly BUT now the lights on the FC6 change one by one....so when it goes to for example layout 1 : presets...all the 4 presets led change colour one after each other...NOT at the same time....

Is this normal ?
Have updated several times...:rolleyes:

UPDATE : suddenly it goes much more faster and seems to have solved its own problem....:)
Same behavior here. No fix as of yet.

That video should probably be removed from this thread so people don't continue to make the same mistake as I followed suit.

Are using utility mode? Do not use utility mode with the latest version of FractalBot (3.0.0). Instead, choose Axe-Fx III as your device.

My FC got stuck in failsafe and even doing the above method with FractalBot 3.0.1 I kept getting a timeout error. I had to load 1.06 back up to get out of that and have normal operation. I then proceeded to follow your instructions that I found on this thread: which is basically the same as the above. http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...1-09-and-fc-firmware-1-08.151773/post-1807106

I am not complaining but please if there is a major change in the way something is updated done please make it apparent for people that don't have the luxury of reading the forum 24/7. I am grateful that the step is cut out but in the long run however solving this problem took over an hour of my practice time in preparation for an event. Also the update guide that comes with the file and the release notes weren't changed so that didn't help either.

Excellent suggestion, @qjawz . I have updated the post. When this firmware was originally posted, FractalBot 3.0.0 had not been released. I apologize for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom