FC Internal Firmware 1.06

BryantP

Administrator
A new release of the FC Firmware is available.

www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fc/1.0/fc_rel_1p06.zip

FC 1.06 Release Notes:
  • Support for external switch behavior selection
  • Support for external switch polarity selection
Please note that access to this configuration will require Axe-Fx III Firmware 5.07 or later. These settings are found on the FC Controllers, Remote page.

How to update (thanks, @chris!):

Very cool! Massive update for the Fc6 in particular with greatly added versatility.

Between this news and the FM3, sales of the Fc6 will be brisk!
I don’t think I’ll need the 12 now. The 6 should be plenty sufficient. Which means more room for a 3rd exp pedal!

Yes thanks

This new switch behavior is essentially what I asked for in the AXE FX III wish list (not here in FC) because I wasn't sure where it was controlled from - so KUDOS to Chris et al. MY first request was fulfilled - that kind of support will spoil me - :D

@chris - I followed your video to download new firmware 1.06 to my FC12, I dragged 1.06 into Fractalbot and hit Go. When the progress bar reached 100%, I power cycled the Ax III. When it the "initializing" screen popped up on the FC12, it still says 1.04. Did I do something wrong? Thanks.

@chris - I followed your video to download new firmware 1.06 to my FC12, I dragged 1.06 into Fractalbot and hit Go. When the progress bar reached 100%, I power cycled the Ax III. When it the "initializing" screen popped up on the FC12, it still says 1.04. Did I do something wrong? Thanks.
Please make sure the FC is displaying "Failsafe v0.01" before hitting GO in Fractal-Bot. If not, power cycle just the FC and when it says "Initializing..." hold the top left switch down until you see "Failsafe v0.01"

I have the FC-12 and followed the above video (also read the attached notes) to install firmware v1.06 for the FC (I grudgingly use a Mac). Everything went as indicated until I powered down the Axe-FX lll after the firmware transfer. I counted to 10 and powered on the Axe-FX lll, but after initializing, the FC-12 still showed Failsafe v0.01 on the screen. I tried the entire process again and this time unplugged the Axe-FX lll and FC-12 and still it stayed on the Failsafe screen. I tried one more time and the FC screen finally transitioned to show the new firmware (v1.06 in this case). So it is working properly now, but thought I would pass on this issue in case someone else has the same issue. Seemed to stick on the Failsafe screen. I though there might be residual power through the XLR cable to FC-12 and that is why I unplugged everything, but that didn't initially work either. I don't know why it eventually did work, but it is now. Strange!

Back
Top Bottom