• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FC Internal Firmware 1.06

BryantP

Administrator
A new release of the FC Firmware is available.

www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fc/1.0/fc_rel_1p06.zip

FC 1.06 Release Notes:
  • Support for external switch behavior selection
  • Support for external switch polarity selection
Please note that access to this configuration will require Axe-Fx III Firmware 5.07 or later. These settings are found on the FC Controllers, Remote page.

How to update (thanks, @chris!):

Eliju

Inspired
Very cool! Massive update for the Fc6 in particular with greatly added versatility.

Between this news and the FM3, sales of the Fc6 will be brisk!
I don’t think I’ll need the 12 now. The 6 should be plenty sufficient. Which means more room for a 3rd exp pedal!

Larry Kehl

Regular
Yes thanks

This new switch behavior is essentially what I asked for in the AXE FX III wish list (not here in FC) because I wasn't sure where it was controlled from - so KUDOS to Chris et al. MY first request was fulfilled - that kind of support will spoil me - :D

curious

Inspired
@chris - I followed your video to download new firmware 1.06 to my FC12, I dragged 1.06 into Fractalbot and hit Go. When the progress bar reached 100%, I power cycled the Ax III. When it the "initializing" screen popped up on the FC12, it still says 1.04. Did I do something wrong? Thanks.

BryantP

Administrator
@chris - I followed your video to download new firmware 1.06 to my FC12, I dragged 1.06 into Fractalbot and hit Go. When the progress bar reached 100%, I power cycled the Ax III. When it the "initializing" screen popped up on the FC12, it still says 1.04. Did I do something wrong? Thanks.
Please make sure the FC is displaying "Failsafe v0.01" before hitting GO in Fractal-Bot. If not, power cycle just the FC and when it says "Initializing..." hold the top left switch down until you see "Failsafe v0.01"

Jetsboy

New here
I have the FC-12 and followed the above video (also read the attached notes) to install firmware v1.06 for the FC (I grudgingly use a Mac). Everything went as indicated until I powered down the Axe-FX lll after the firmware transfer. I counted to 10 and powered on the Axe-FX lll, but after initializing, the FC-12 still showed Failsafe v0.01 on the screen. I tried the entire process again and this time unplugged the Axe-FX lll and FC-12 and still it stayed on the Failsafe screen. I tried one more time and the FC screen finally transitioned to show the new firmware (v1.06 in this case). So it is working properly now, but thought I would pass on this issue in case someone else has the same issue. Seemed to stick on the Failsafe screen. I though there might be residual power through the XLR cable to FC-12 and that is why I unplugged everything, but that didn't initially work either. I don't know why it eventually did work, but it is now. Strange!

Top Bottom