FC Firmware Version Awareness

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
All, just a note for your information. The following is also on our web site and in the firmware readme files.

About FC Firmware

New FC features and fixes are released through firmware updates for the host — Axe-Fx III, FM9 or FM3.

The FC also has its own internal firmware for basic functions, however, and this is also sometimes updated as well. To determine the firmware version installed in your FC unit, re-start it and watch its main display. Installation instructions for new firmware are included in the zip files (on the web site).

FC “Original” units require different firmware update files than FC “Mark II” units. Please be sure to choose the correct file from our web site. Accidentally installing the wrong version will not damage your FC, but you will need to install the correct version before it will function properly again.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/fc-download/

Last edited:
If you have the original and the Mark II daisy chained together when you install the firmware will it know the differences between the two units or do you have to unplug them and do it one at a time?

My original FC-6 still has the 1.11 FW. How do I update it to 1.12? I thought the FW updates for the AXE FX lll would automatically update the FC-6 as well. Please advise. Thanks

My original FC-6 still has the 1.11 FW. How do I update it to 1.12? I thought the FW updates for the AXE FX lll would automatically update the FC-6 as well. Please advise. Thanks

Attachments

• Read Me - Firmware Update Guide - FC.pdf
    184.4 KB · Views: 56
Back
Top Bottom