FC Firmware 1.13

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST

FC Mark II Firmware 1.13 has been posted to our web site. This is a nominal revision with support for an alternate component being used in the newest FC Mark II production (November 2022 or newer).

While 1.13 is backwards compatible it is NOT required if you are already running firmware 1.12. It does NOT add any new features or fixes. It does NOT alter FC performance in any way. Only the newest FC units require this version to work correctly, and those units are shipped with 1.13 already installed. (For whatever reason, people are downgrading those to 1.12, which causes them to stop working correctly.)

To determine your current firmware version, watch the FC main display while the unit boots up.

Last edited:
The remote stand in switches don’t work right on my new fc-12 with 1.13. I guess I shouldn’t downgrade it then? I have remote stand in switches set up that switch the fc between layouts on press, and turn on/off control switches on hold. On the old fc with 1.12 it works great. On the new one with 1.13, it is backwardsish. The press becomes the control switches, and the hold is also the layout. You have to double tap to change the layout, which also changes the hold? Anyone else have this issue?

The remote stand in switches don’t work right on my new fc-12 with 1.13. I guess I shouldn’t downgrade it then? I have remote stand in switches set up that switch the fc between layouts on press, and turn on/off control switches on hold. On the old fc with 1.12 it works great. On the new one with 1.13, it is backwardsish. The press becomes the control switches, and the hold is also the layout. You have to double tap to change the layout, which also changes the hold? Anyone else have this issue?

(For whatever reason, people are downgrading those to 1.12, which causes them to stop working correctly.)

As Matt said, if it’s a Mk II, then do NOT downgrade to v1.12.

Also, do NOT reload v1.13 on top of v1.13.

See 'FC-12 stays in Failsafe 0.03 after import' for additional information.

Last edited:
My spidey sense told me not to the day I got it and found the issue. There weren’t any posts yet, but I still waited. I looked around again and saw that nightmare in some other posts. I don’t plan to do anything until they have had a chance to address and hopefully patch it. The fc still works as is for the most part. I just have to use my old one for stand in switches. I just have to label them to keep from mixing them up. First world problems, right? Haha

I think this firmware was a running production change. I ordered my FC6 in late October. It's a Mark II running FW 1.12. So not all Mark II units have or require 1.13. Or at least that's the way I read Matt's post.
There were reports of a bug in v1.12 on the Mk II units. v.1.13 was the release to take care of that. Not everyone has encountered that bug so if they haven't there's no reason to upgrade.

Firmware 1.13 will only benefit Mark II FCs that were shipped during or after November 2022. For those FCs, installing 1.13 is necessary to ensure bug-free operation.

Back
Top Bottom