FC / EV mounting

Dickie Fredericks

Experienced
Besides velcro, how are you securing the FC and EV to the board?

What I have is a hard pedal case made of 1/4 inch ply for the FC-6 and 3 EV-1 pedals. Id rather not velcro. I was thinking about using a 1/4" ply to mount the pedals to and lay that in the hard case. The hard case BTW comes apart and the pedals stat in the bottom while the lid comes off.

Ideas to secure the pedals to the 1/4 ply? I may be able to use 3/8" ply in there, Ill have to check the space.

I'm curious as well - bumping to see if anyone else has any ideas. I have an FC-6 and EV-1. Looking for a way to keep them mounted to each other.

Here's some ideas. They are not all velcro free.

My board has two Mission pedals. One came with a thick base plate, and no feet. It was bought secondhand, so I don't know whether it was made like this, or modified by its previous owner. I reversed this, and then used velcro. Velcro is important to me because I sometime pull the pedal off the board, and stick it to the venue's carpet.

The second Mission pedal has a thin aluminium base. I made a thicker plate out of 5mm thick board, unscrewed the rubber feet, and used the screws to hold the new base below the aluminium base. This too is held to my pedal board with velcro.
0vCr3BZ.jpg

The FC-12 rests on its end pieces, which project about 6mm below the base plate. To secure this I first cut a piece of 5mm board as wide as the FC-12, and long enough to fit between the end pieces, and screwed it to the floor of my pedal board. The size of this board is important because it stops the FC-12 from moving around in transit. It means that I can use less (you guessed it) velcro to hold the FC-12 in place.

6tOHc7Z.jpg

What I have done on other boards, where velcro is not an option, is to cut a plate which fits closely to the outside of the item. I use medium density fibre board so that I can push the item into the recess that I've cut. You can see this in the board for our lighting controller, which sits on top of my rack box in the picture below.
KHqWsLQ.jpg

Temple Audio FX Board. Ask a friend to hold the board still while you align the holes (rubber feet removed) on the opposite side of the board...

You can use the same screws that the device has, or pony up for some 6/10 gun screws and small washers. The gun screws use a 2mm allen wrench, but hold tighter than a phillips head, which can strip out if you're not careful...My Duo 34 board used gun screws for the FC12, but kept the EV-1 screws.

kISUEPZ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom