Wish FC "effects loop"

stephenclark1

Experienced
Just thinking out loud...A way to do an "effects loop" on the FC-6/12 as opposed to running cables back and forth to output/input on back of unit since most people have FC's on a board.
See if I can explain this idea...You put an old Delay pedal in loop on FC. Info goes back to Unit just like Pedal or Control Switch. Have an option in the Delay's list that says "in loop" so you can see Delay in your preset and when you click on it instead of having adjustable parameters it just has routing option...still have to adjust on the pedal itself, but maybe turn Loop off and on...
Maybe I've just had too much coffee this AM...AND I have no idea what it takes Cliff and the team to do all this stuff so it's easy for me to come up with ideas I don't have to actually put into practice.:rolleyes:

It’s a good idea. But it would take a new product to pull it off. The FCs just don’t have a way to pass audio signals.

Would not only require the added connections for the audio I/O but having that extra hardware might require more power than can be supplied by the Axe over the XLR so then you’d end up needing another cord to supply power from a wall adapter running to the FC, in addition to the cord for the data transfer, even assuming you could send the audio I/0 over that same cable so you then solved one problem but gained another…… maybe

Cliff being pretty smart probably considered having audio I/0 on the FC’s as it would be useful, but no doubt cost or other limitations made it not viable I would guess

Would not only require the added connections for the audio I/O but having that extra hardware might require more power than can be supplied by the Axe over the XLR so then you’d end up needing another cord to supply power from a wall adapter running to the FC, in addition to the cord for the data transfer, even assuming you could send the audio I/0 over that same cable so you then solved one problem but gained another…… maybe

Cliff being pretty smart probably considered having audio I/0 on the FC’s as it would be useful, but no doubt cost or other limitations made it not viable I would guess
Ah, I actually kind of understand that. That's why I do wastewater consulting and run a cattle farm and Cliff and his team do the cool shit! You have to admit though it wasn't the worst idea on these Wish List boards ;)

Back
Top Bottom