FC Dimensions

This should be about to scale. Much further apart both left-to-right and front-to-back.

View attachment 46872
Yeky,

If that is, in fact, to scale, then the FC-series footcontrollers are indeed nearly perfect:
  • A little more left-to-right distance between switches to prevent hitting an adjacent switch with the edge of your foot; plus,
  • an angled-and-elevated second tier so that when you hit one on the top row with your toe, you don't accidentally hit the one on the bottom row with your heel.

Admittedly the scribble-strips don't change color like the RJM Masterminds, but them's small potatoes. The LED's around the switch do change colors, and they look cool, and the color categories are customizable.

And there's daisy-chaining and external footswitches, so that a customer can achieve any desired number of footswitches between 6 and 32.

Well done, Fractal.

While we're talking about footswitch spacing, notice that the top and bottom rows on the new FC's are mounted at different angles. This works wonders for accuracy in stomping switches.
Yep. I really loved that on the Gordius Big Little Giant. That one is a bit more drastic, but it really helps prevent mis-fires!

That would be between 6 and 48 (4x12==48).
Crap, I knew that.

For some reason I keep acting like you can only daisy-chain TWO, even though I know better.

I guess it's because I figure nobody who daisy-chains FOUR will actually end up using all of them in the same area on stage. More likely it'd be a Master/Slave setup with one set in front of the mic and another backstage.

(Excepting, as you noted, The Edge's "small gigs." :D)

I was hoping to get the FC-12 but am thinking 20 inches wide is just too much real estate on a 24" pedalboard. Thinking I will do the FC-6 and the Boss FS-7 for patch up/down.

Anybody know if the ev-2s are any narrower than the ev-1s? If they are it could be worth switching to them to save space.

I like that extra spacing!
Yep.

I have my hands on my MFC-101 again, now. Center-on-center, its footswitches are 2.75 inches apart going left-to-right.

The left-to-right dimension for the FC-6 and FC-12 appears to be 3 inches.

It's only an extra quarter-inch, but that's all I think it needs.

And from Row 1 to Row 2...whoa! Way better, and that's before you consider the change-of-angle.

So, yes: The extra spacing is excellent.

Yep.

I have my hands on my MFC-101 again, now. Center-on-center, its footswitches are 2.75 inches apart going left-to-right.

The left-to-right dimension for the FC-6 and FC-12 appears to be 3 inches.

It's only an extra quarter-inch, but that's all I think it needs.

And from Row 1 to Row 2...whoa! Way better, and that's before you consider the change-of-angle.

So, yes: The extra spacing is excellent.

Yes, the switches are 3" apart on the FC's.

Back
Top Bottom