FC Dimensions

Ugh, yes, I didn’t take the end caps into account. This is going to be a challenge to mount. Perhaps Cliff or Matt could share their thoughts on this.
There are screws on the front of each of the end caps. I wonder if there are on the bottom as well. If so you could get a longer screw to go through the board and into the end cap. Unfortunately there is not a picture of the bottom.

Probably just 4 small strips in each of the corners would probably do the trick.

I agree, it probably would, but if you look close at the side view in the drawings the bottom of the “feet” are grooved, presumably to grip a carpeted floor better and prevent sliding. That probably won’t allow the Velcro to adhere securely to the bottom of the four corners. If they were flat, the Velcro could get a good grip.

This small little design choice is going to make it more difficult than it should be to mount the controller on my Velcro covered Pedaltrain.

Last edited:
There are screws on the front of each of the end caps. I wonder if there are on the bottom as well. If so you could get a longer screw to go through the board and into the end cap. Unfortunately there is not a picture of the bottom.
My board is also a case... I'm not planning to drill holes. I've had it long enough to know that requirements change over time. It'd look like Swiss cheese by now :D

Dual lock is so strong that I always overestimate how much is needed. I’ve sometimes had to use a pry bar and my whole weight to get large items off a board.
If there's not enough surface area for attaching heavy items with dual lock, the dual lock itself might not fail but the adhesive glue part can fail :p hopefully there's enough surface area on the bottom of FCs.

So is mine. But it is around 1.5 inches deep, so I got a piece of hardboard and placed in inside so I could drill holes without destroying the top of the case.
Yeah... A piece of that attached under the FC could then be attached to the board with Velcro.

Or like what I posted before:

I'm imagining crafting a "plate" of either plexiglass or wood that I can "shim" between the FC-12 and the board...

Ugh, yes, I didn’t take the end caps into account. This is going to be a challenge to mount. Perhaps Cliff or Matt could share their thoughts on this.

Don't ever do this without official word as to whether or not it will affect your warranty, but I think you could remove the end caps to mount the FC on a board. The enclosure is a fully closed box even without them.

Don't ever do this without official word as to whether or not it will affect your warranty, but I think you could remove the end caps to mount the FC on a board. The enclosure is a fully closed box even without them.

That would certainly be sufficient for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I did this with AX8 worked fine

Am I blind or is that drawing missing a height dimension? I’m trying to see if the FC6 will fit in my guitar case but I need an overall thickness dimension... much appreciated if anyone saw one posted or has one.

Am I blind or is that drawing missing a height dimension? I’m trying to see if the FC6 will fit in my guitar case but I need an overall thickness dimension... much appreciated if anyone saw one posted or has one.
The FC-6 drawing shows chassis height; the height of the FC-12 is the same. The monkey tie-offs extend about 5/8" higher.

Although I didn’t get to see the drawings until just now, I had an idea a while ago for a simple mounting system that could also potentially be the basis for a lighting platform (similar to my ZenRigs GkoRisers) for the controllers.

I’ve got some prototypes coming in a week and will test out on my AX8. If it works (!), I’ll keep you posted :)

Sukh

Cliff, I was interested to know the center-on-center separation of the footswitches, in inches.

Looking at the footswitches in these diagrams, it looks as if they are...
  • 3 inches apart, measured left-to-right; and,
  • 3.75 inches apart, measured front-to-back (i.e. between the two rows).

Did I get that right?

And if so, how does that compare to the MFC-101? (I'd whip out a tape measure but my MFC is elsewhere at the moment.)

Cliff, I was interested to know the center-on-center separation of the footswitches, in inches.

Looking at the footswitches in these diagrams, it looks as if they are...
  • 3 inches apart, measured left-to-right; and,
  • 3.75 inches apart, measured front-to-back (i.e. between the two rows).

Did I get that right?

And if so, how does that compare to the MFC-101? (I'd whip out a tape measure but my MFC is elsewhere at the moment.)

This should be about to scale. Much further apart both left-to-right and front-to-back.

upload_2018-5-19_23-33-5.png

Back
Top Bottom