FC Controllers Now Shipping!

I’ve seen at least 6 fc12s listens for $1500+ on reverb. Plus tons of fc6s listed for $800+. So there you go
I am calling BS on this. Tons of FC-6? I watch every day. I search sold listings on ebay. I watch Reverb price guides.

There are not “ tons” of FC anythings that have been sold on auction sites. 5 FCs have “sold” listings on eBay. Reverb does not even have a price guide for the FCs so you have no idea of what has sold or for how much. The ebay listings have mostly sold for LESS than the asking price and most of the asks were $600.

There are cutrently 2 FC-12s for sale and one FC-6 on ebay and reverb.

More units have been sold from this forum than on auction sites from what I can see.

Last edited:
I am calling BS on this. Tons of FC-6? I watch every day. I search sold listings on ebay. I watch Reverb price guides.

There are not “ tons” of FC anythings that have been sold on auction sites. 5 FCs have “sold” listings on eBay. Reverb does not even have a price guide for the FCs so you have no idea of what has sold or for how much. The ebay listings have mostly sold for LESS than the asking price and most of the asks were $600.

There are cutrently 2 FC-12s for sale and one FC-6 on ebay and reverb.

More units have been sold from this forum than on auction sites from what I can see.
6 fc12s sold on reverb all way above list, and 10 fc6s, 2 of which sold below list. So there’s the facts.

With no reverb price guide how do you know what has sold or what it sold for? What you have stated is not a fact. Reverb does not let you search sold listings.

With no reverb price guide how do you know what has sold or what it sold for? What you have stated is not a fact. Reverb does not let you search sold listings.

You can kind of search sold listings, but all they tell you is the listing price at the time of the sale, not the actual selling price.

That is awesome that they finally allow you to search sold listings.

Now for reality. Searching for FCs there are so many obvious duplicates. 3 FC-12s, all from the same seller. I was able to identify the dupes just by looking at the pics. So if you can only buy 2 how did the same guy get his hands on 3? If he was on the waitlist twice why did he only buy 3 instead of 4? Are these sellers possibly having issues with order cancellations or order non-payment that lead to relistings? There are other obvious dupes when you search sold listings. Your emotions are interfering with your logical reasoning.

That aside, the volume of used sales is miniscule no matter how you view it. Even if 30 units were sold used I would feel comfortable estimating that is less than 0.1% of FCs sold and as such is a drop in the bucket that in no way warrants this behavior we are witnessing... and it is no where near a “ton”.

It is just bizarre to me that grown men will throw such tantrums over a piece of gear.

If fractal did away with their waiting list, people would complain that the more economically advantaged customers would have an advantage.

FAS has a process they follow. Past tantrums have not changed their process. What is this accomplishing?

Last edited:
I bought an FC12 from a member here for $875. My slot is not until December and I have a big gig coming up with a new band so it was well worth it to me. For me, and the way I like to set things up, the 12 is just much more suitable than the 6. I hope they really do fulfill the waitlist by August, as they're now saying, but I certainly wasn't willing to hold my breath.

I bought an FC12 from a member here for $875. My slot is not until December and I have a big gig coming up with a new band so it was well worth it to me. For me, and the way I like to set things up, the 12 is just much more suitable than the 6. I hope they really do fulfill the waitlist by August, as they're now saying, but I certainly wasn't willing to hold my breath.
Was that with shipping?

That is awesome that they finally allow you to search sold listings.

Now for reality. Searching for FCs there are so many obvious duplicates. 3 FC-12s, all from the same seller. I was able to identify the dupes just by looking at the pics. So if you can only buy 2 how did the same guy get his hands on 3? Are these sellers possibly having issues with order cancellations or order non-payment that lead to relistings? There are other obvious dupes.

That aside, the volume of used sales is miniscule no matter how you view it. Even if 30 units were sold used I would feel comfortable estimating that is less than 0.1% of FCs sold and as such is a drop in the bucket that in no way warrants this behavior we are witnessing. And it is no where near a “ton”.

It is just bizarre to me that grown men will throw such tantrums over a piece of gear.

If fractal did away with their waiting list, people would complain that the more economically advantaged customers would have an advantage.

FAS has a process they follow. Past tantrums have not changed their process. What is this accomplishing?

I noticed all the duplicates and could only identify 4 distinct devices having sold. All time. No idea what they were sold for. Reverb helps sellers make it seem like more things are selling, and for higher dollar. And of course this pours gasoline over the fire of panic surrounding the "GAS Masses" ;). Grown-ups? Nah.

I'm only interested in this because I am a Reverb seller myself and I'm always curious as to what any gear I have left sells for in the real world :)

I admire Fractal sticking to their process. Not being able to meet market demand sucks for any company. They certainly have much better things to do than to police a waitlist- or listen to a bunch of malcontents complaining about the situation.

I noticed all the duplicates and could only identify 4 distinct devices having sold. All time. No idea what they were sold for. Reverb helps sellers make it seem like more things are selling, and for higher dollar. And of course this pours gasoline over the fire of panic surrounding the "GAS Masses" ;). Grown-ups? Nah.

I'm only interested in this because I am a Reverb seller myself and I'm always curious as to what any gear I have left sells for in the real world :)

I admire Fractal sticking to their process. Not being able to meet market demand sucks for any company. They certainly have much better things to do than to police a waitlist- or listen to a bunch of malcontents complaining about the situation.
So between eBay and Reverb we can account for less than 10 unique devices. ‘Nuff said.

This is fast. I just got my mid-AUGUST wait list notice a few days ago but haven't pulled trigger on the FC-12 yet. I had already jumped on the earlier FC-6 offer, and with the latest III firmware and FC updates I've already added two dual momentary switches so functionally I already have 10 programmable FC switches, translation: for all the more I do with FX III I don't really need an FC-12. However, there is need then there is want ... ;) (EDIT I need my vox to text more closely)

So I'll sit and debate with myself (and wife) for another few days before I either buy an FC-12 or email FAS to revoke my invitation and offer "my" FC-12 to next person in line. If I do get an FC-12 I will be selling my FC-6 at some point this summer and yes for less than I bought it. I'm won't be selling the FC-6 to make money - just to offset FC-12 cost somewhat, I'm retired, old, and on fixed income now so it might be a choice of an FC-12 or heart bypass surgery :D )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom