FC Controllers Now Shipping!

We got hit by Irma 2 years ago but that was a walk in the park compared to what Michael did to your area. Very happy you're forging ahead with a great attitude!! As for the FCs, whenever they're ready, they're ready.
I remember Irma we had some stiff wind here in the panhandle. But we have never been through anything like this.
I’m with you about the FC 12
Who new capacitors would be such a problem.
When we get them I will really be happy but in the mean time when it gets here it gets here :)
Thanks guys:)

@FractalAudio when do you estimate that the list will be cleared? I see a calendar Q2 estimate on the product page but am not sure if that's still the case. Please and thanks, am considering getting an Axe 3 as a replacement for my II XL+ but can't be without a controller for long.

@FractalAudio when do you estimate that the list will be cleared? I see a calendar Q2 estimate on the product page but am not sure if that's still the case. Please and thanks, am considering getting an Axe 3 as a replacement for my II XL+ but can't be without a controller for long.

You definitely are new here. They don’t answer this type of question.

You definitely haven't seen the FC page then because they have estimated clearance timing listed. I am just wondering if that is the latest estimate.

What?! Where?
Edit: I see it now says Q2 on the product page. (In my opinion, no friggin way). My point stands though. If you're looking for an update, they don't usually answer questions like that in the forum.

Last edited:
That just says what they're up to, not the estimated time to clear the waitlist.
I think he's referring to the statement I now see on the purchase page that says Q2 2019. I didn't realize that had been updated. Used to say Q1 2019 but we blew by that. So Q2 it is! Only 6-7 weeks to go!

Yes it used to say Q1 2019... but with recent delays I wouldn't trust Q2 as being accurate either. I certainly hope I'm wrong though. :)

I really wish @FractalAudio would raise the price on the FC-12 and FC-6 to cover the increased cost of sourcing the component supply needed to ramp production during the shortage. I would easily pay more to get one sooner rather than waiting.

I need a FC-12 and would pay up to $200 more for it.

I'm no expert so please correct me if I'm wrong.. But from what I've read these capacitors typically cost less than half a cent each. Admin M@ said that they were going at auction for 50x what they were selling for 3 years ago. Which means they could potentially be 25 cents each. The question is, how many capacitors are in an FC12? The new iPhone X uses 1000 of these capacitors. If the FC12 had the same (I have no idea if it's more or less) - that brings the cost up to $250 rather than $5. That's a huge increase. Just something to think about.... Have a great weekend!

I'm no expert so please correct me if I'm wrong.. But from what I've read these capacitors typically cost less than half a cent each. Admin M@ said that they were going at auction for 50x what they were selling for 3 years ago. Which means they could potentially be 25 cents each. The question is, how many capacitors are in an FC12? The new iPhone X uses 1000 of these capacitors. If the FC12 had the same (I have no idea if it's more or less) - that brings the cost up to $250 rather than $5. That's a huge increase. Just something to think about.... Have a great weekend!

That is a huge impact, something that a price increase isn't going to solve. What is a relatively minor inconvenience for players, is existential for a company like Fractal. With FC's limited availability creating somewhat of a ceiling for overall sales of Axe 3, It makes the push towards the FM3 seem like a wise strategic move. Maybe a good opportunity for another company to partner with FAS- maybe a larger manufacturer with a lower cost Axe-Centric pedal?

I was surprised to see only one fc-6 for sale on Reverb, $885 including shipping.

Different kind of capacitors in the I phone...etc miniaturized

Doc's Delorean only used 1 flux capacitor.

How about if we all start looking for these capacitors with people all over the world we could hunt down some of the Capacitor hoarders, And yeah there's people sitting on tons of electronics components.if we knew what part or parts were needed we could all search the world for them

Back
Top Bottom