FC Controllers Now Shipping!

I'm happy you got a work around but not too happy you bypassed me and others who have been waiting in line. Mixed feelings on this one man.... seriously.
I got in the waitlist back in February. But I found somebody who didn’t use their invite and they kindly gave me theirs. So I’ll just use this for now and hopefully when my name is called I’ll sell this one and buy a new one because fractal doesn’t warranty stuff if you’re not the original purchaser i guess. Even if you get it brand new[/QUOTE

I'm happy you got a work around but not too happy you bypassed me and others who have been waiting in line. Mixed feelings on this one man.... seriously.

That spot was taken in line before you entered. What difference does it make to you whether Tom dick or Harry has that spot?

Jeeze

That spot was taken in line before you entered. What difference does it make to you whether Tom dick or Harry has that spot?

Jeeze

I tend to agree. This concept of “circumventing” the list makes no sense. What someone who had an earlier slot chooses to do with their slot in no way adversely effects those that came after.

The invites stopped shortly before my position on the list, but I don’t begrudge anyone after me getting theirs.

However, the lack of any update like we got before is getting hard to defend. I would like to make an informed decision on the 6 but can’t do that without knowing the delay on the 12.

Jeeze
I agree with the sentiment of circumventing the system to get what others have been patiently waiting for. If the person on the waitlist decided not to get the FC when their slost came up and simply passed, everyone would have moved up one position with that FC still available.
In this case, someone who didn't want to wait figured out how to "cut in line" and get it. It's the whole idea that they are somehow more important than anyone else. It's a respect and honor thing with some people but then again integrity doesn't seem to be much of a value anymore.

Or, some guy’s wife told they need money and he has to put his “toy” up for sale. This is his technical compliance.
Someone purchasing an FC when their slot came up and selling it, either in an attempt to make a profit or because their wife told them to, is completely different than jumping ahead of the line.

Technical complian
Someone purchasing an FC when their slot came up and selling it, either in an attempt to make a profit or because their wife told them to, is completely different than jumping ahead of the line.

Cross thread confusion at play here - the comment you're referencing was about an Axe II for sale on ebay for $6500, not a FC.

I agree with the sentiment of circumventing the system to get what others have been patiently waiting for. If the person on the waitlist decided not to get the FC when their slost came up and simply passed, everyone would have moved up one position with that FC still available.
In this case, someone who didn't want to wait figured out how to "cut in line" and get it. It's the whole idea that they are somehow more important than anyone else. It's a respect and honor thing with some people but then again integrity doesn't seem to be much of a value anymore.

Respectfully, I disagree.

If someone who got on the list before me chooses to flip their slot for profit....on reverb,eBay, etc...that’s their choice. Just as if someone behind me chooses to pay a premium or otherwise for someone else’s slot... that doesn’t affect me. My place in line was determined by me, if someone beat me to the punch, good for them, they don’t owe it to me or anyone else to throw it back in the pool if they choose not to exercise it. We saw the same thing with the 3 when it was wait listed, and the 2 prior to that.

And while I agree that integrity is a rare commodity (just as entitlement is abundant) these days, I don’t think it applies in this case.

Last edited:
I am Sept 12 on the waitlist, not the first time for me on this company's waitlist probably not the last. I just received and jumped on a FC-6 offer from Fractal and I will still wait for the 12 when it is available due to the new backorder no doubt. I think there is a lot of patience going on and a few who are voicing they're opinions on the matter. When I was checking out I had to reset my password and happen to be dropped into my order history with this company.......since 2013 I have spent over $11k with this company....probably more than the majority of people on this forum.....so I should be at the top of the line no matter when I signed up right?.... YEAH right, I don't think so either but, I can tell you with a reasonable guess that their are two groups that are upset about this delay....us and them. I would bet a healthy amount of money on the fact that 2 people are more upset then us.....Cliff and Matt. I would think the conversation would go like...'We sure could make a lot of $ if we had more stock on the FC's and only if we had the FC ready for release closer to the III, we could of maybe not of had such a problem and made even more $'. I really don't know that to be true, but from a business aspect it sure would be a logical conversation especially with the maybe's lol.

Thanks Fractal
you guys do rock no matter how much or what we bitch about.

I just received and jumped on a FC-6 offer from Fractal and I will still wait for the 12 when it is available due to the new backorder no doubt.

That seems like a good idea and for those of us in need of a foot controller it makes sense. I think I might do the same. I wonder if this would create a big surplus in 6s once the 12s come around.

Respectfully, I disagree.

If someone who got on the list before me chooses to flip their slot for profit....on reverb,eBay, etc...that’s their choice. Just as if someone behind me chooses to pay a premium or otherwise for someone else’s slot... that doesn’t affect me. My place in line was determined by me, if someone beat me to the punch, good for them, they don’t owe it to me or anyone else to throw it back in the pool if they choose not to exercise it. We saw the same thing with the 3 when it was wait listed, and the 2 prior to that.

And while I agree that integrity is a rare commodity (just as entitlement is abundant) these days, I don’t think it applies in this case.
I respect your opinion and I wish things like this didn't get to me, but I'm very much black and white, right and wrong so it's the principle of the matter that gets my panties in a bunch (I know, TMI). I get not wanting to wait, I'm not very patient, that's why I bought a B-Stock Axe III instead of waiting a couple of weeks for a "brand new" one. Only saved $100 but got it much sooner. I got on the FC waitlist in late February and I'm happy to just wait until my name gets to the top of the list. I'm not fuming over the fact that one person got theirs ahead me. It's the mentality behind it.

People can do whatever they want but if they're going to share what they did or how they got something, doesn't mean the rest of us have to simply be quiet and move on. I'm just an old fogie who can't seem to understand why it's so hard for people to have just a bit more consideration of others.

It is true, I may be over-reacting, but it does indeed, seem like line jumping. When my turn comes, I promise even the nay sayers that I will not slide my place in line to someone who has been waiting far less longer. In the end, we all just want to get an FC and that is our collective common ground.

It is true, I may be over-reacting, but it does indeed, seem like line jumping. When my turn comes, I promise even the nay sayers that I will not slide my place in line to someone who has been waiting far less longer. In the end, we all just want to get an FC and that is our collective common ground.

Brother I feel your pain...trust me I do.

To me “line jumping” in the traditional sense, causes those behind to be displaced. That’s not the case here.
We are still exactly where we were.

I respect your opinion and I wish things like this didn't get to me, but I'm very much black and white, right and wrong so it's the principle of the matter that gets my panties in a bunch (I know, TMI). I get not wanting to wait, I'm not very patient, that's why I bought a B-Stock Axe III instead of waiting a couple of weeks for a "brand new" one. Only saved $100 but got it much sooner. I got on the FC waitlist in late February and I'm happy to just wait until my name gets to the top of the list. I'm not fuming over the fact that one person got theirs ahead me. It's the mentality behind it.

People can do whatever they want but if they're going to share what they did or how they got something, doesn't mean the rest of us have to simply be quiet and move on. I'm just an old fogie who can't seem to understand why it's so hard for people to have just a bit more consideration of others.

I’m with you, the part of the matrix that I live in is entirely binary...so called gray area is rationalization(IMO).

No one is more frustrated about this than I am and it’s all I can do to restrain my comments. But directing our frustation at others whose actions don’t directly affect us, seems misplaced and unfair as they aren’t the source of it. If anything, I have a certain amount of respect for the member in question...after a rocky start here, he showed some self reflection and owned his previous behavior ( perhaps the rarest of internet occurences), how many of us can say we have done the same given the zero accountability of the internet?

Couldn’t agree more about consideration, and wish people were better about it.

Agreed that's where the integrity comes in and the low class mentality when yo rub it in the faces of those that are waiting. you got a lot of class and your actions show

Woohoo just got an invite for an FC 6 but I think I’m going to wait for the FC 12...
Man when I saw the invite I thought this is it!!! Oh well waiting for the FC 12...
Thanks Fas!
I sure do appreciate the invite but I am going to wait for the FC 12 :):D
And a little bit closer I am yes...

How about this for the sake of debate, you can purchase 2 units with an invite...

Let’s say you buy one for yourself, and then your buddy who signed up later also wants one, so you get 2.

Did he jump the line since he didn’t wait his turn or is it fair game if someone helped him out ?

Basically where do we draw the line ?

Buy one to use and buy one to flip for a profit is probably looked down upon, but what about giving an invite to a friend ? What about selling an invite for a fee?

Do we have a firm one only rule ? Then what about a guy who waits his turn, and really wants and will use 2 for backup etc ? Do we make people prove they “need” more than one ?

Does it even matter enough to worry about ?

How about this for the sake of debate, you can purchase 2 units with an invite...

Let’s say you buy one for yourself, and then your buddy who signed up later also wants one, so you get 2.

Did he jump the line since he didn’t wait his turn or is it fair game if someone helped him out ?

Basically where do we draw the line ?

Buy one to use and buy one to flip for a profit is probably looked down upon, but what about giving an invite to a friend ? What about selling an invite for a fee?

Do we have a firm one only rule ? Then what about a guy who waits his turn, and really wants and will use 2 for backup etc ? Do we make people prove they “need” more than one ?

Does it even matter enough to worry about ?

Ultimately, I think it's just how a large portion of society is now.

No matter what solution you came up with there will always be someone who will think it's a personal attack because you didn't agree with them and then go on the offensive. Emotion trumps logic these days...sadly.

I think that a large portion of society looks to be offended/injured by things that are not to their liking/agreement/benefit. None of us are entitled to have the world operate the way we think it should. Sometimes things break to our favor, other times not.

Live unoffended.

Back
Top Bottom