FC Controllers Now Shipping!

Nice to see that we are getting a trickle of foot controllers in again. Based on current trends, I thought I would try to estimate when someone in September might get an invitation. It looks like it is taking about a month to move forward by 2 hours in the waitlist. From May 17 to a hypothetical date of Sept 17, there are about 2880 hours. Divide by 2, and we have approximately 1440 months (120 years) till they ship to Sept 17 on the waitlist. But we have to make allowances for having more people joining the wait list at the beginning - allowing for logarithmic regression we can adjust downward to only 52 years. Also, many of the people oeffecienciesn the list are over 40, so we can expect perhaps half of the waitlist to be deceased by the time their number comes up - that brings us to only 26 years wait for someone at the Sept 17 point on the waitlist. Now, consider the advances our manufacturing technology in the last 26 years. We can expect that during the next decade, the manufacturing process will become automated and much more efficient, perhaps cutting the wait time in half to only 13 years. However, since the manufacturing time will get quicker, many of those old people on the list will still be around to make their purchases. Adjusting our date based on actuarial tables then brings us to our final estimation for a date to provide invitations to Sept 17 to be in approximately 19 years, or sometime in the year 2038.
Nice body of work. However you didn’t take the production start-up acceleration into account. The availability of supply does not only increase through automation or systemic efficiencies. The manufacturing process has a planned-loss acceleration curve. In fact, there are probably three curves. The business plan likely has a financial curve, which is how they will measure the program. Then there is a program curve, which takes into account the assembly plant’s plan to out-perform the financial curve, and therefore stay out of the fray. Finanlly, there is the actual curve, where a combination of factors have an effect. As equipment and process come onstream, issues are found and countermeasures implemented. So uptime, as well as planned losses, should be declining. Operators are also beginning to master their specific assignments and workplace organization. All of this has a significant affect. I would predict a reduction to your 2038 projection.

Last edited:
They told me they hope to clear out the waiting list in March.

That is significantly quicker than my 19 year prediction! I was just about to revise my prediction to be a bit longer since I had not accounted for the deceased people on the list who might have willed their FC positions to their guitar playing heirs. I hope you are right!

Also, people will inevitably go bankrupt, die, get eaten by zombies and will have other predicaments forcing them off the list!
You reminded me. I totally forgot about zombies. Plus, they have terrible attendance, so this further affects the calculation back upward. That said, they’re the same at work as they the rest of the time. They aren’t fast, but they are persistent. Usually effective in QC or HR.

52583899_10155729263062245_5042310765353107456_o.jpg

Just received this beauty
1f642.png
Looks great - I love the colors around buttons, and the Fractal logo on the side - and very easy to configure, which is a big plus for me - I hate programming MIDI pedalboards. It's also much more powerful than what I need right now, as I'm working on an important gig with a Tribute to Pink Floyd project, and for which I just need 8 scenes per song and 2 expression pedals. When this time-demanding project will be over, I'll check what crazy ideas I can come with for the buttons in each preset.
I feared that the individual screens may be too small to read from a standing position (my eyesight is not that great, and I should really play with glasses) but it's not the case fortunately !

52884299_10155729263047245_623538361281282048_o.jpg

Ordered FC-12 on Wed. 2/20/19 at around 1PM. Just received delivery
this morning (Thursday 2/21, 10AM). It's nice living within a few hundred
miles of Fractal headquarters!

I'll be using the FC-6 at a Friday gig (limited space).
Sat gig will be the maiden voyage of the FC-12!

Hmm, M@ posted they are serving 5/17/18 2:09 PM EST. My email was sent 5/17/18 11:57 AM EST. Still no invitation! Anyone else skipped over?

Back
Top Bottom