FC Controllers Now Shipping!

Lesson learned from basement flooding experiences - plastic bins, lots of plastic bins. Although, we use our basement for 2/3 hangout room for kids and 1/3 storage. The 1/3 has bins picked up from floor to ceiling,. Did lose an RMI368X and an amp due to a flooding.

I will preface my statement with how much I have love AxeFx since my Ultra. I see a lot of posts where they are offering up the FC 6 and many are just opting in for it to get the functionality albeit limited in terms of size certainly not technology. If the intent was on the 12 as it is for me, and no real knowledge of when it will actually be available I have to say, it's kind of bothersome. On some magical day I too hope to see an email but If it is for the 6, I will be pretty disappointed. My work is in forecasting and projections as well as production. I can't imagine, what data they were working off of when they made the projection for number of units and the general market trend projections for which product would demand more numbers. It would seem, even without scientific data that the 12, though more expensive, would be the more likely choice given the knowledge of high end users of the Fractal product that simply want more and will pay for it. I do understand that production is tricky and not everything is in their control but I'm kind of scratching my head on these projections a bit. That and i am just itching to get the 12 LOL!!! Don't get me wrong everyone, I am Fractal to the core but these posts for those of you lucky enough to find the Golden Ticket are making me all Jelly! HA!

Last edited:
Lesson learned from basement flooding experiences - plastic bins, lots of plastic bins. Although, we use our basement for 2/3 hangout room for kids and 1/3 storage. The 1/3 has bins picked up from floor to ceiling,. Did lose an RMI368X and an amp due to a flooding.
Yea, we have a ton of our stuff organized into bins, and our main sewer line had just been rodded out, but for some reason our catch valve got stuck open, so all the snowmelt ended up coming up into our basement, where my shop/mancave is, which had the whole pedalboard sitting out. Water sucks. I'm keeping it on a tabletop from now on.

Yea, we have a ton of our stuff organized into bins, and our main sewer line had just been rodded out, but for some reason our catch valve got stuck open, so all the snowmelt ended up coming up into our basement, where my shop/mancave is, which had the whole pedalboard sitting out. Water sucks. I'm keeping it on a tabletop from now on.
OUCH!!

Based upon the knowledge that FAS had from the wait list (demand), coupled with knowledge of how many FC of both flavors they were having produced in the first batch (supply), and the email directly to me stating all orders would be filled by the end of January (bad math at best) - I find it stunning that they would advise a customer (me) that we'd all be happy consumers by 1/31/19.

If it wasn't mis-information, then it was pretty much a blatant lie. Or maybe there is an extenuating circumstance I'm unaware of. Entirely possible.

At any rate, as a new FAS customer, I'm rather unimpressed by how this FC rollout has been conducted.

Still patiently waiting.

I suspect there are extenuating circumstances. I agree it doesn't take Columbo to read the tea leaves and figure out something is amiss (I'm a little concerned that M@ is reminding us of parts shortage again and what that implies). And they did sadly lose a staff member, which may or may not have impacted this rollout.

Having said that, I can say from my standpoint, I've never experienced better customer service from any company, and that their intent was genuine. I'm sure they're not happy about it any more than we are, and I have every reason to believe that they will come through again as in the past. You'll notice many here "say Fractal for life", the reason is the service, it really is unparalleled. This is atypical and I'm sure they are doing what they can.

Based upon the knowledge that FAS had from the wait list (demand), coupled with knowledge of how many FC of both flavors they were having produced in the first batch (supply), and the email directly to me stating all orders would be filled by the end of January (bad math at best) - I find it stunning that they would advise a customer (me) that we'd all be happy consumers by 1/31/19.

If it wasn't mis-information, then it was pretty much a blatant lie. Or maybe there is an extenuating circumstance I'm unaware of. Entirely possible.

At any rate, as a new FAS customer, I'm rather unimpressed by how this FC rollout has been conducted.

Still patiently waiting.

Fractal is in a kind of damned if they do and damned if they don’t situation: either they try to keep people updated and possibly be wrong if things change beyond their control, or they give no information which keeps everyone reeling and completely in the dark. I get that we’ve all been waiting a long time for the controller, but also realize we are interacting with other humans who are just doing their best with the resources they have available.

There are a lot of variables at play beyond demand, there is also the global supply shortage of components and other facets to consider. It’s worth the patience, in my opinion, but it doesn’t really help anyone to get irate over things beyond anyone’s control. Fractal is a small company with the capacity to produce products without cutting corners; I’m incredibly grateful that they exist at all.

Something about the self righteous customer mentality really rubs me the wrong way — you get more bees with honey than vinegar

Last edited:
Well I for one think that Fractal is a awesome company and I wish my only worry was getting a new FC controller, don’t get me wrong I would love to have one yesterday.

That being said I know that the fractal team is working as hard as they can to get these new controllers out.

I’m just glad we survived Hurricane Michael October 10, 2018 our house is wrecked we’re living in a trailer in the driveway and the insurance company is not wanting to pay to fix the broken brick wall or the five broken trusses.

So I’m just saying things could be so much worse so patently waiting on fractal to send me an invite to buy what I am sure we’ll be an awesome controller is what I will do.

They must be doing something right or everyone wouldn’t want the controller.
This doesn’t keep me from playing at all I still have everything I’ve been playing through for years. But it will be great to show case the Axe Fx III with the New Fc12 so keep up the good work Fractal you guys Rock.
In the meantime I’ll be fighting for what is right...

I will spend the next few days pondering the precise definition of “renewed vigor” and “soon”.
Renewed Vigor would be a good attribute to the Advanced page of the amp block. I see plenty of bands, where the lead guitarist either needs renewed vigor, or perhaps his first brush with vigor.

Speaking of brushes, I listen to old radio shows -they crack me up. “Renewed vigor” is what one of the two identical twins’ hair gets, when he uses Wildroot Cream Oil. (He also gets to make out with 1950’s girls.) Renewed vigor is also apparently what customers of the mid 20th century received, when they purchased and downed a laxative. I can only assume, both were made from very similar formulas. As for “soon”, see above reference to 1950’s laxatives.

No word on any level on the progress for FC12. This no bueno on Fractals part. Even bad news is news. To have some getting the unit and others not and give no particulars is really sucky of them. C'mon guys..help a guitarded man out here :)

Back
Top Bottom