FC Controllers Now Shipping!

...People can always change their minds...

[Raises hand in the back of the room...]

I agree. I was one of those who changed my mind. I've had the III since the first of December, and still haven't gotten it out of the box because I didn't want to get too deep in re-creating 50+ of my gig presets until I had a foot controller. (I'm planning to start from scratch...I've learned a lot in the time that's passed since many of my existing presets were created.)

I initially wanted the FC-12, but after seeing a few videos of the FC-6 in action, and pondering the space limitations of both my pedal case and many of the stages I play on, I took FAS up on their invitation yesterday for the FC-6. It shipped today, and in a week or so I can start getting busy re-doing everything. By the time the FC-12s become available to the general public, I'll know for certain if the FC-6 can handle my needs and replace it if necessary.

I initially signed up on the waitlist for the FC-12 and I think I am still going that route. But the availability of the FC-6 and maybe getting 2 started me thinking...that would be really cool as well - could have one FC-6 for the smallest gigs/spaces, use two when there is room or need. Set one to be scenes and the other maybe effects, and the fact that they can change layers independently could be awesome - one could go to Looper and one stay on scenes, or one to presets and one to effects... hmmm... be like having 16 layers if I wanted?

I joined the FC waitlist on 11/21/2018. And at least back then, I don’t remember there being a separate list for fc6 vs fc12.

My questions:

(1) Based on my join date, does it make sense I haven’t received a “you can buy” email yet?

(2) What’s going on with multiple waitlists now for the fc?

Thanks!

I joined the FC waitlist on 11/21/2018. And at least back then, I don’t remember there being a separate list for fc6 vs fc12.

My questions:

(1) Based on my join date, does it make sense I haven’t received a “you can buy” email yet?

Thanks!
There was not a separate list. When you joined the list you were expected to indicate which product you wanted.

When I signed up in December the site said (and still says) "To join the waitlist, please send an email to waitlist@fractalaudio.com with the subject “Wait List Request – FC” or just click the button at right." https://www.fractalaudio.com/waitlist/. I clicked on the button to the right. It generated an email to Fractal that had the subject "Wait List Request Axe-Fx III." I wasn't asked to specify a model. And now that I look at it again, it doesn't even say "FC."

When I signed up in December the site said (and still says) "To join the waitlist, please send an email to waitlist@fractalaudio.com with the subject “Wait List Request – FC” or just click the button at right." https://www.fractalaudio.com/waitlist/. I clicked on the button to the right. It generated an email to Fractal that had the subject "Wait List Request Axe-Fx III." I wasn't asked to specify a model. And now that I look at it again, it doesn't even say "FC."
I didn't join the list by reading the website... I was following the instructions in a forum thread. Maybe that's where the confusion lies?

My questions:

Thanks!
To give you an idea, the "now serving" date is 5/17/18 @ 9:44am. It's been on that date for weeks. I reserved 5/18/18 @ 4:09pm. I'm only about 1 day away but, realistically, I don't expect to receive my invite any time soon.

Wasn't 5/17 the day the wait-list "officially" was opened? You're gonna have a ton of people on that day, possibly the majority. If I recall I saw it early in the morning when I woke up. You're gonna have a wave that day of people waking up and seeing it. I didn't know if I wanted a 6 or 12 at that time and sent in a request without specifying. I received my invite in line with everyone else and ordered what I wanted that afternoon.

To give you an idea, the "now serving" date is 5/17/18 @ 9:44am. It's been on that date for weeks. I reserved 5/18/18 @ 4:09pm. I'm only about 1 day away but, realistically, I don't expect to receive my invite any time soon.

Likely 90% or so of the total demand was on the first day and in the first hours I would bet.

I signed up around 10:30 on the 17th and probably had hundreds or thousands ahead of me, but, maybe by the 18th only 10 people an hour were signing up. As such, the list may move by minutes a day right now but those minutes will probably soon become hours and maybe before too long we’ll see several days at time all getting shipped, follows by months. Maybe in one business day FAS will service all the sign ups from July and August.

Just takes a while to get the thing moving

I was feeling lucky at sent a waitlist request for the FC-12 on 4/11 and got my invite on the afternoon of 1/17; when it went public, I signed up on the 17th not knowing if my original request would be honored. So amazing of them, so wasn't expecting it!

Wasn't 5/17 the day the wait-list "officially" was opened? You're gonna have a ton of people on that day, possibly the majority. If I recall I saw it early in the morning when I woke up. You're gonna have a wave that day of people waking up and seeing it. I didn't know if I wanted a 6 or 12 at that time and sent in a request without specifying. I received my invite in line with everyone else and ordered what I wanted that afternoon.
I don’t think so. I waited a while after they announced the reservations. I’m pretty sure they were taking reservations before that.

Likely 90% or so of the total demand was on the first day and in the first hours I would bet.

I signed up around 10:30 on the 17th and probably had hundreds or thousands ahead of me, but, maybe by the 18th only 10 people an hour were signing up. As such, the list may move by minutes a day right now but those minutes will probably soon become hours and maybe before too long we’ll see several days at time all getting shipped, follows by months. Maybe in one business day FAS will service all the sign ups from July and August.

Just takes a while to get the thing moving
Hope you’re right.

I got my Axe III very beginning of December and have been just kind of holding off on it but finally sat down about a week ago and started re-writing a gazillion patches from scratch to match (in most cases better) than my Axe IIXL and MFC rig. I have not taken the dive to mess up all my settings in the MFC because the bands I am in work quite a bit and If I go to the point of no return, I don't want to have to reconfigure everything back again and rush before a gig etc. So..just for the fun of it...I have Ground Control Pro laying around (I thought I sold it LOL) so last night I started messing around with it trying to remember how to program it and all. Got it all working today and for the most part it's gig ready in terms of being able to go from patch to patch and my CC effects etc. Took only like about an hour. I have a rehearsal Wed night so I think I will actually unleash the III and make sure everything works. I can't for the life of me remember how to configure pedal controllers but I will figure it out tonight. Still waiting for my FC 12 email to come though. Its been a crazy wait huh? Did the demand exceed Fractals expectations? If they had the list, seems the projection could have been better? Who knows. Either way, the sonic differences between the II and the III are breathtaking so much more depth. Super warm sounding. Even the out of the box patches are actually usable in many cases and are definitely a good place to start rather than from the ground up. I can't wait to have it all up and running soon.

Back
Top Bottom