FC Controllers Now Shipping!

This is good to hear. I only really need two layouts. For the rehearsal layout I want to add the volume increase/decrease. At some point I might condider using the looper, but right now I just want to finalize my Axe 3 setup and be done with it

Having run with an FC-6 for quite a while now, I think you'll find it's ridiculously powerful and not at all hard to setup so you can focus on performing and not tap dancing.

Yeah, don't underestimate the power of the FC6. I think the FC6 and an AxeIII is more powerful than an MFC and AxeII. If you were happy with that then don't hesitate to get an FC6.

Having run with an FC-6 for quite a while now, I think you'll find it's ridiculously powerful and not at all hard to setup so you can focus on performing and not tap dancing.
Just curious is it just as easy to set up the Fc12 as it is Fc6.

So, what are the major advantages of the FC-12 vs the FC-6? Is it simply being able to have more buttons at your disposal without having to change layouts? If I need to be able to turn on/off various effects in a preset (in no particular combination) during each song will that be more difficult with the 6? For example, I typically like to use a PEQ and a FIL in a preset for volume/gain and I need the ability to turn them on/off at any time during the song while still having the ability to turn on/off any other effect. I also need to quickly switch to a new preset while the next time is being counted off. Will this be more difficult with the 6?

Same features, more buttons, means more things are instantly accessible.

If you have a preset up and down, and a dedicated button for those 2 effects, you have 2 buttons left.

You can do things like have press and hold for a second effect, change layouts to another page with more effects etc, but not quite as on the fly

With the 12 you could have presets, numerous dedicated buttons etc with a switch for each, so no press and hold, layout pages etc, could have anything and nearly everything all on one page

No doubt why many people go for the 12 unless space is an issue

I was waiting for a FC12 but just took advantage of FC6 surplus offer! I’m psyched to have my hands/feet on the 6 soon. Though I’ll likely still get the 12 when my invite comes. If I keep both, man that will be some nice options and versatility depending on the gig. Thanks for surplus offer Fractal!

I was waiting for a FC12 but just took advantage of FC6 surplus offer! I’m psyched to have my hands/feet on the 6 soon. Though I’ll likely still get the 12 when my invite comes. If I keep both, man that will be some nice options and versatility depending on the gig. Thanks for surplus offer Fractal!
It’s very easy to flip between a 6 and 12 as gig needs change. Abd you can chain them too for even bigger setups. Really well-thought out approach to owning multiple FCs here.

If one takes advantage of the FC6 surplus offer do they get bumped out of waitlist?

Well, I was pretty skeptical when a Fractal employee replied to my email asking for a ballpark as to when I might expect a purchase invite. I just came to buy an Axe III about five weeks ago, and I need a FC to realize its power the way I need to.

I highly doubted they would get to the end of the wait list by this month (as told to me), let alone the end of 1Q. But hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

And no, I'm not slamming Fractal - I'm sure they're doing the best they can. I sit and wait somewhat patiently.

It’s very easy to flip between a 6 and 12 as gig needs change. Abd you can chain them too for even bigger setups. Really well-thought out approach to owning multiple FCs here.
That’s great to hear- I was originally intending to get the 12, but the email came for one of the surplus 6s, so I jumped on it, but I’d love to be able to grab a 12 when they’re available, and to be able to switch back and forth or combine them without too much hassle would be the cat’s meow.

By combining two FC-6's, I assume you could effectively create the same functionality as the 12. This creates the option of using only the FC-6 or both as/when the gig dictates. The only con would be you need separate power for the additional FC-6, correct?

Back
Top Bottom