FC Controllers Now Shipping!

Per my previous post, where are you getting q1estimate from? The only estimate I have seen was from m@ in December, at which time was to the effect that they had received the shipment and it was thought they could fufill the list by end of January. I’ve been looking for info to clarify this to no avail...because if it has changed I need to make alternate plans as I am giving my mfc to a friend in mid February.

Just looking for clarification so I can plan accordingly as I am four days deep on the list.

On the product main in the FAS store it says they expect to clear the waitlist and have open orders q1

Per my previous post, where are you getting q1estimate from? The only estimate I have seen was from m@ in December, at which time was to the effect that they had received the shipment and it was thought they could fufill the list by end of January. I’ve been looking for info to clarify this to no avail...because if it has changed I need to make alternate plans as I am giving my mfc to a friend in mid February.

Just looking for clarification so I can plan accordingly as I am four days deep on the list.

Here, on their website: https://shop.fractalaudio.com/fc-12-foot-controller/

At the present rate of 0 minutes a day you should have it in infinity months. :)

Last edited:
On the product main in the FAS store it says they expect to clear the waitlist and have open orders q1

Ok thanks for that. I never go to the products page until it’s time to checkout. Although that still doesn’t quite clear it up as that seems intended for those not already on the waitlist.

Edit: I went back to the original post from, m@ which I think originally contained the info I was referring to.. And the January line has been removed (if I’m recalling the correct post), which I guess would be interpreted as a walk back in the absence of anything more specific. I will plan accordingly.

Last edited:
Matt's post was from Nov 20, and he was trying to estimate waitlist service to that point in time, for 2 months in the future. Since then they have had really successful sales that swamped their shipping department and I think some staff out sick, so I have no doubt they are running a little behind that date. I also have no doubt they are working really hard to serve us, their clients, and I don't think of this as a walk back by any stretch. If our expectations are they should hit schedule dates with little flexibility, I expect we will start seeing schedules like "sometime the first half of 2019".

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/welcome-fc-controllers.144675/

I think my KoT wait was six or nine months.
I've been on the KoT waitlist since November 2016 and will likely come to the top any day now. It's entirely possible it'll be the same day as the FC-12, in which case I know which one I'll be buying :D
I was on the waiting list for 27 months (it was about 18 months when I ordered). I got my invite last week, ordered, it shipped Friday, got it Saturday, and then THAT DAY, Line 6 announced it will be in the next firmware update for the Helix :D I couldn't believe it - what are the odds? In any case, it really is the greatest pedal since ever. Never played guitar so much in my life since I got that pedal - my whole weekend was GONE :) If the Helix version is any good, then I'm probably gonna glue my KoT inside my Axe Fx rack. In any case, don't want to derail this thread too badly...

Matt's post was from Nov 20, and he was trying to estimate waitlist service to that point in time, for 2 months in the future. Since then they have had really successful sales that swamped their shipping department and I think some staff out sick, so I have no doubt they are running a little behind that date. I also have no doubt they are working really hard to serve us, their clients, and I don't think of this as a walk back by any stretch. If our expectations are they should hit schedule dates with little flexibility, I expect we will start seeing schedules like "sometime the first half of 2019".

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/welcome-fc-controllers.144675/

Thats were it was, thanks. I have zero doubt they are doing everything they can to service the list... we all know the level of service they provide. Walk back isn’t an indictment just stating that the message has changed...which clearly it has. I was in fact recalling the incorrect post when I said that, thanks for helping. As I said, trying to clarify as best I can with the information thats out there, so I can adjust accordingly.

I wasn't sure which version I was going to get at first and generally held the belief the 12 would be best. After seeing the full functionality I went with the 6, at least to start. My FC6 arrives tomorrow. I'll know soon enough. Had the MFC and loved all the features. For almost a year I have used a Morningstar MC6 and it has worked well, The FC6 has more functionality than the MC6 and I am thinking I'll be very happy. If not, I'll pick up an FC12 at some point and pair it with the FC6.

I'm planning to use the MC-6 to augment the FC-6.

I was on the waiting list for 27 months (it was about 18 months when I ordered). I got my invite last week, ordered, it shipped Friday, got it Saturday, and then THAT DAY, Line 6 announced it will be in the next firmware update for the Helix :D I couldn't believe it - what are the odds? In any case, it really is the greatest pedal since ever. Never played guitar so much in my life since I got that pedal - my whole weekend was GONE :) If the Helix version is any good, then I'm probably gonna glue my KoT inside my Axe Fx rack. In any case, don't want to derail this thread too badly...
That’s cool that you love it. Everyone has a certain sound they are searching, and it’s cool when you find it. I had the KoT and a PoT. What you’re describing is how much I love my MLA Peacock, but that’s for amps. I love the Fractal III.

We’ll see what happens. Seller might not get their price. Fractal will have FC6 units. The demand (anecdotally reported here in the forum) is for FC12. This happens with mixed-model product launches. Somebody (or some group) has to predict take-rate ratios. The odds are against the prediction(s) being accurate.

I don't know. I bought my Axe III from a Reverb scalper (like, a WEEK before I got my invite lol!) for an extortionate price, so maybe I should jump on that FC6, too? :D

We’ll see what happens. Seller might not get their price. Fractal will have FC6 units. The demand (anecdotally reported here in the forum) is for FC12. This happens with mixed-model product launches. Somebody (or some group) has to predict take-rate ratios. The odds are against the prediction(s) being accurate.
I know one thing I’m just going to wait my turn I’ve been using my Peavey & Marshall for along time and Boss pedals for a very long time and it’s a sound that just sounds good. So until I get my Fc12 I’ll continue to play my gigs with what I have. It will be nice to add the Axe Fx III and Fc12 into my mix. But until then the shows will be what I’ve been doing for years...:)

I know one thing I’m just going to wait my turn I’ve been using my Peavey & Marshall for along time and Boss pedals for a very long time and it’s a sound that just sounds good. So until I get my Fc12 I’ll continue to play my gigs with what I have. It will be nice to add the Axe Fx III and Fc12 into my mix. But until then the shows will be what I’ve been doing for years...:)
You and me both. In my case, a vintage Marshall and a vintage Traynor (almost the same thing!)

Received an invite to purchase the FC-6 yesterday. It was for the FC-6 only. They have a surplus of the FC-6 so they are moving down the list with that offer. I did not jump on it as I’m in need of an FC-12. At least I know I’m close!

Back
Top Bottom