FC Controllers Now Shipping!

Your switch spacing comment brings me comfort. That was my worry with the MFC. A few times, things went dicey, when I accidentally grazed into some cursed MIDI edit parameter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your switch spacing comment brings me comfort. That was my worry with the MFC. A few times, things went dicey, when I accidentally grazed into some cursed MIDI edit parameter.
IMO, the footswitches on the FC controllers are perfectly spaced. Horizontal spacing is identical to the AX8. Vertical spacing is an additional inch over that of the AX8. And the two rows are at slightly different angles. It's a perfect storm of hitting the switch you want and only the switch you want.

I just landed back in US (from Germany) and saw the public service announcement about wait list. Awesome idea. Sorry that I didn’t see it sooner.

We can play any classic slide-heavy song, including ABB, LS, Walsh, and Derek and the Dominoes. The problem with Freebird, along with most of this other stuff, is that bands don’t make the effort to recreate it. It’s not a great bar song, but it’s a fantastic festival song.

IMO, the footswitches on the FC controllers are perfectly spaced. Horizontal spacing is identical to the AX8. Vertical spacing is an additional inch over that of the AX8. And the two rows are at slightly different angles. It's a perfect storm of hitting the switch you want and only the switch you want.
Yay!

Personally, I don’t know how I feel about the “waitlist for the waitlist” concept. I wouldn’t be surprised if Fractal has received more than a few requests to be put on the waitlist for rumored or wished products like a next AX8 or flagship. So these would be the first in line even before a product is announced? Doesn’t seem fair to me. But I bet Fractal will see a lot more of these emails now.

At one point, my pedal board became one of my heaviest pieces of gear. Complicated as well, with a massive random-order switch system, extremely expensive boutiques, and a power draw that could dim Buffalo, NY. FAS eliminated my need for three amps onstage and all but one of the effects, but the MFC still loomed (until I sold it with the XL+). Now it sounds like they have cleaned up the remaining debacle. I can’t wait to post my final rig, once this all hits. Three cheers.

Anyone else get on the list around May 17 9:15am EST, and still haven’t gotten their invite? That was my wait list time but still haven’t seen any emails inviting to purchase.

That’s damn funny. I’m borrowing the concept.
Also ironic: two great songs that virtually nobody hones their skills anywhere near enough, to duplicate well. Instead, as a sometimes audience member, I have to endure endlessly frequent and uninspired versions of Brown-eyed Girl (god knows I love Van Morrison), Black Magic Woman (Peter Green in his brief heyday was top-shelf), or almost anything by The Rolling Stones. Note to bands: if your lead singer isn’t Mick Jagger, please don’t play it. Just my two cents.

Personally, I don’t know how I feel about the “waitlist for the waitlist” concept. I wouldn’t be surprised if Fractal has received more than a few requests to be put on the waitlist for rumored or wished products like a next AX8 or flagship.

I can assure you: any email that requests a waitlist invitation for a speculative oproduct goes right in the trash.
And yes, about a dozen of those showed up in recent days including one for "whatever comes next" and one for "Next cool thing from Fractle [sic]."

I can assure you: any email that requests a waitlist invitation for a speculative oproduct goes right in the trash.
And yes, about a dozen of those showed up in recent days including one for "whatever comes next" and one for "Next cool thing from Fractle [sic]."

At a risk of stepping on some toes, I think you can understand why you guys have gotten those type of messages?

There is an “official” list, but then because you guys don’t wear suits to work, so to speak, you also honored email requests which folks submitted before the official list existed.

I think you can understand why some people may have felt a little jaded that they signed up ASAP for an official list, expecting that would make them amongst the first served, then find that someone who said “hey, I’ll take a FC too” in an earlier email took, shall we say “priority” and got their units sooner.

Essentially it was implied that any and all messages regarding fulfilling future orders would be taken on a first come, first serve basis, and that FAS isn’t the type of company that works only off the “official” list.

Ultimately was you guys decision, your business, and your free to run things how you see fit, but I think certain decisions should of been expected to have some folks less than thrilled with the choices.

As I’ve said countless times, once everyone has their order filled, new orders are readily filled with no wait, etc., this whole time period is going to feel pretty silly.

I think looking back it’s going to seem absurd how much discussion, anticipation, et al., went into a foot controller, but in the present, passions can still run a bit high.

Just my respectful $0.02 in a penny obsolete world

At a risk of stepping on some toes, I think you can understand why you guys have gotten those type of messages?

There is an “official” list, but then because you guys don’t wear suits to work, so to speak, you also honored email requests which folks submitted before the official list existed.

I think you can understand why some people may have felt a little jaded that they signed up ASAP for an official list, expecting that would make them amongst the first served, then find that someone who said “hey, I’ll take a FC too” in an earlier email took, shall we say “priority” and got their units sooner.

Essentially it was implied that any and all messages regarding fulfilling future orders would be taken on a first come, first serve basis, and that FAS isn’t the type of company that works only off the “official” list.

Ultimately was you guys decision, your business, and your free to run things how you see fit, but I think certain decisions should of been expected to have some folks less than thrilled with the choices.

As I’ve said countless times, once everyone has their order filled, new orders are readily filled with no wait, etc., this whole time period is going to feel pretty silly.

I think looking back it’s going to seem absurd how much discussion, anticipation, et al., went into a foot controller, but in the present, passions can still run a bit high.

Just my respectful $0.02 in a penny obsolete world
I think Matt's point is that you can't sign up for a non-existent product... The difference is that those who asked for an FC at the time the Axe Fx III and the FCs were announced were honored because the FCs were an announced product at that time.

I would love a Fractal trash can! But i’ll wait until they are available in the store. I’d like to request modeling of both a green large capacity wheelie bin, and a one of those 1988 Staples personal shredders - the ones without any headroom.

Back
Top Bottom