FC Controllers Now Shipping!

Seems like people would rather put it on EBay or Reverb for double the price. Considering you are allowed to buy two units with each invite, pretty much guarantees this practice.

Yep. I don't know why someone would need two. It's decisions like this that make working through the list take so long.

Backups, expanded functionality, maybe 12 for home and 6 for travel, mirrored setup? Can imagine a bunch of use cases...

If you’re on tour and your box goes out, you don’t really have much time to send it in for service

It would be great if there was some kind of info for other countries, the world is bigger than the US, but I get it, the market here in Australia would be tiny compared to the US. I have given up on the FC at this point, I'll decide if its worth spending the $ at the time the fc ever becomes available here.

Backups, expanded functionality, maybe 12 for home and 6 for travel, mirrored setup? Can imagine a bunch of use cases...

If you’re on tour and your box goes out, you don’t really have much time to send it in for service

Yeah, because it's cool for someone to have the convenience of saying "do I want to bring the 12 or the 6," or have backup for the road, etc. when many people have zero. If you're on tour and you don't have a FC, you probably can't even use your Axe 3. But hey, it's okay because Johnny has a backup. More like a controller to put on eBay or reverb for an exorbitant price to help offset the cost of his other.

Sorry, but a policy of allowing people to buy two while you have a long wait list is flat out stupid. I LOVE Fractal's products and the support. And I know they have a self-proclaimed great/stellar/whatever balance sheet, but holy crap some of their choices with how they handle product releases, production and waitlists are SO FRUSTRATING.

Last edited:
Yeah, because it's cool for someone to have the convenience of saying "do I want to bring the 12 or the 6," or have backup for the road, etc. when many people have zero. If you're on tour and you don't have a FC, you probably can't even use your Axe 3. But hey, it's okay because Johnny has a backup. More like a controller to put on eBay or reverb for an exorbitant price to help offset the cost of his other.

Sorry, but a policy of allowing people to buy two while you have a long wait list is flat out stupid. I LOVE Fractal's products and the support. And I know they have a self-proclaimed great/stellar/whatever balance sheet, but holy crap some of their choices with how they handle product releases, production and waitlists are SO FRUSTRATING.

The vast majority of users are like me; I could buy another fc12 right now, but I don’t really need it at the moment. I didn’t buy a second one to resell, but was thinking about an fc6 to go with the fm3. People buying a second one are mostly people on the road who need a backup if things fail and it’s their bread and butter profession or they’re mirroring it with a tech in the back.

I get that you're frustrated, but there are other options in the mean time until you hit your waitlist spot. Complaining also doesn’t get those ceramic capacitors made any faster and just rubs a lot of people the wrong way. Remember, you’re talking to other human beings and everyone is just doing the best they can given the circumstances. Compassion can go a long way; and on a level it’s less for others and more for our own peace of mind.

Last edited:
The vast majority of users are like me; I could buy another fc12 right now, but I don’t really need it at the moment. I didn’t buy a second one to resell, but was thinking about an fc6 to go with the fm3. People buying a second one are mostly people on the road who need a backup if things fail and it’s their bread and butter profession or they’re mirroring it with a tech in the back.

I get that you're frustrated, but there are other options in the mean time until you hit your waitlist spot. Complaining also doesn’t get those ceramic capacitors made any faster and just rubs a lot of people the wrong way. Remember, you’re talking to other human beings and everyone is just doing the best they can given the circumstances. Compassion can go a long way; and on a level it’s less for others and more for our own peace of mind.

Yes, compassion can go a long way. Now tell me why some people on the road should have two while other people on the road have zero?

Yes, compassion can go a long way. Now tell me why some people on the road should have two while other people on the road have zero?

Simple answer is that they got on the waitlist sooner; with fractal waitlists, you really have to be on the ball and watching the news forum. I had to learn that lesson like everyone else when I was waitlisted for the axe 3; you better believe I was vigilantly watching for the fc12 announcement to get on the list! Also, mind you, I waited from the end of March 2018 when I got my axe3 until February 2019 to receive my fc12 unit; I was pretty early on the list and still almost a year to get it.

These things take time; I understand in the age of instant electronic gratification that this can be maddening for some, but this is just how it is. I don’t see what getting frustrated about it and salty is going to do to change anything; sometimes we just have to accept and surrender to the reality of the moment. There are other options in the mean time, eventually you’ll have an opportunity to buy an fc.

On a side note, the way you’re articulating yourself is a bit abrasive and makes it way less fun responding to you. You get more bees with honey than vinegar. A change of approach vector can make a huge difference in interpersonal interactions.

Simple answer is that they got on the waitlist sooner; with fractal waitlists, you really have to be on the ball and watching the news forum. I had to learn that lesson like everyone else when I was waitlisted for the axe 3; you better believe I was vigilantly watching for the fc12 announcement to get on the list! Also, mind you, I waited from the end of March 2018 when I got my axe3 until February 2019 to receive my fc12 unit; I was pretty early on the list and still almost a year to get it.

These things take time; I understand in the age of instant electronic gratification that this can be maddening for some, but this is just how it is. I don’t see what getting frustrated about it and salty is going to do to change anything; sometimes we just have to accept and surrender to the reality of the moment. There are other options in the mean time, eventually you’ll have an opportunity to buy an fc.

On a side note, the way you’re articulating yourself is a bit abrasive and makes it way less fun responding to you. You get more bees with honey than vinegar. A change of approach vector can make a huge difference in interpersonal interactions.

I understand how the wait list works. However, I don't understand how you and Fractal would rather move through the wait slower by allowing people to buy two rather than restricting it to one and moving through the wait list faster. I would rather my fellow musicians and Axe 3 users be able to have one sooner than having the luxury of owning two when many people have none. It's as simple as that.

I mean from your perspective why even limit it to two? Why even have a limit? If Johnny was paying attention to forums and whatnot, and got on the wait list sooner, why shouldn't he be able to purchase two for the stage, two to mirror for his tech, two for home and two for the rehearsal space. I mean he got on the wait list sooner. See how ridiculous that sounds?

Needing a backup is just as legitimate as needing one of these in the first place. I the only time I ever really "need" a particular piece of gear is if I have one that I use and it bites the dust.

Anyone that over-buys any of these devices will be among the people that are selling them cheaper than retail, perhaps in a matter of months. The GAS-crowd takes so much of a hit on depreciation every year, I have no qualms with anyone, particularly a working musician, making a nice profit here and there capitalizing on this type of short-term scarcity.

I suspect the real "sleeper" of a product will be the FC-6. Pretty amazing capabilities especially using a switch or two.

At least Fractal has set a limit.

I would be surprised if the number of those purchasing two FC-12's is more than 1 out of every 20. Likely a bit higher for those getting an FC-12 and an FC-6 but nowhere near any number that would have a significant impact on the list.

Seems like people would rather put it on EBay or Reverb for double the price. Considering you are allowed to buy two units with each invite, pretty much guarantees this practice.
Wrong. There have been some isolated instances of units showing up on eBay or Reverb at inflated prices. I personally purchased a used FC-6 from someone on this forum for $100 less than he paid for it new. I have seen other posts on the forum, that are similar. This “practice” that you refer to frankly looks like more of an outlier to me, especially when you consider that there are only 3 distinct FC units for sale between both reverb and eBay.

There have been more used FCs offered in the “for sale” sub-forum than there have been units listed on auction sites. Seems to me the “rule” of used FC sales thus far has been just the opposite of what you are saying: someone who buys a unit decides they do not want/need it and offers it on the forum for a reasonable price.

Wrong. There have been some isolated instances of units showing up on eBay or Reverb at inflated prices. I personally purchased a used FC-6 from someone on this forum for $100 less than he paid for it new. I have seen other posts on the forum, that are similar. This “practice” that you refer to frankly looks like more of an outlier to me, especially when you consider that there are only 3 distinct FC units for sale between both reverb and eBay.

There have been more used FCs offered in the “for sale” sub-forum than there have been units listed on auction sites. Seems to me the “rule” of used FC sales thus far has been just the opposite of what you are saying: someone who buys a unit decides they do not want/need it and offers it on the forum for a reasonable price.
I’ve seen at least 6 fc12s listens for $1500+ on reverb. Plus tons of fc6s listed for $800+. So there you go

I have been watching. Three of those listings were the same exact FC-12 being sold out of Tampa, Fl. It was listed, unlisted, re-listed, unlisted, and re-listed

some forum members are selling them at just what they paid for it or slightly less. Two 6' were listed for 799 on the auction sites. The one with free shipping sold for full asking price. The other is asking for $30 shipping and has not sold any one but I bet it he changes to free shipping it will sell. I had a guy offer me a like new 12 for $950 while trying to make it sound like it was a good deal. For some guys paying an extra 250 to skip the line is a good deal but not for me

And if you look at reverb solds alone there are 13+ that have been sold way above retail pricing.

Be careful what you ask for; to deal with scalper prices, fractal sold the iii for a time at above retail prices to skip the line. If that happens, you might have to wait even longer if you don’t plan on paying a premium. Just be patient, you’re beating a dead horse here brother.

Be careful what you ask for; to deal with scalper prices, fractal sold the iii for a time at above retail prices to skip the line. If that happens, you might have to wait even longer if you don’t plan on paying a premium. Just be patient, you’re beating a dead horse here brother.
They did it with the Ultra and the II also

Back
Top Bottom