FC Controllers Now Shipping!

Do they really see the waitlist being caught up in the next two months? Really don’t want to go 3rd party, but whatever.

Given I'm a 16 Aug wait listed - looks like it will be sometime in late June or July - given the two+ weeks to move one week and then additional stoppages beyond their control, love my III but Homer says "AAARRRGGGHHHH!"

That's not a slap at Fractal it's just my blood pressure pushing me into stroke territory, I'm OLD (and bald and fat) so it wouldn't take much now

I have one for sale on Reverb right now:D
the 22? I may be crazy, but I think that's too many buttons lol. Has the FC6 really been able to replace that? I don't know what to do at this point. I want the 12, but even the 6 isn't really usable without a setlist feature implemented.

Yes, the 6 has been able to replace the RJM for my purposes. When I got the RJM I was thinking in a certain way about what my workflow would look like. Presets -> Scenes -> Effects. The 22 buttons made it easy to just slap something together that was very capable.

With the FC-6, I initially tried to replicate what I was doing on the RJM and was not very happy with it. I ended up with a Preset layout and 4 “Per Preset” layouts. It is actually very cool and really is everything I had ever wanted. Layout navigation and utility buttons are implemented with hold functions.

The MIDI integration is a bit better on the RJM IMO, but the FC is still quite capable of doing what I need.

Really the FC made me think more and get more creative and this led to something that I am really pleased with. The RJM allowed me to not have to think about it due to the plethora of buttons.

Yes, the 6 has been able to replace the RJM for my purposes. When I got the RJM I was thinking in a certain way about what my workflow would look like. Presets -> Scenes -> Effects. The 22 buttons made it easy to just slap something together that was very capable.

With the FC-6, I initially tried to replicate what I was doing on the RJM and was not very happy with it. I ended up with a Preset layout and 4 “Per Preset” layouts. It is actually very cool and really is everything I had ever wanted. Layout navigation and utility buttons are navigated with hold buttons.

The MIDI integration is a bit better on the RJM IMO, but the FC is still quite capable of doing what I need.

Really the FC made me think more and get more creative and this led to something that I am really pleased with. The RJM allowed me to not have to think about it due to the plethora of buttons.
+1. I can do more with my FC-6 than I ever figured I'd be able to.

So any tips on timing the waitlists for the FM3 and the FC6? I guess I should get on both? I'm not really ready to buy today and I'd prefer to have the FM3 first obviously. But I guess I should get on the waitlist for the FC6 today too because it looks like there's a bit of a back log right?

So any tips on timing the waitlists for the FM3 and the FC6? I guess I should get on both? I'm not really ready to buy today and I'd prefer to have the FM3 first obviously. But I guess I should get on the waitlist for the FC6 today too because it looks like there's a bit of a back log right?
Get on both, you can always pass and get back on if you're not ready when you get the invite. The longer you wait, the longer it's going to take.

Looks like a FC12 is going to be awhile for me so my question is: Has anyone ever used a Voodoo lab ground control with the III? Is there any others I should look at?

Thx,

With the FC-6, I initially tried to replicate what I was doing on the RJM and was not very happy with it. I ended up with a Preset layout and 4 “Per Preset” layouts. It is actually very cool and really is everything I had ever wanted. Layout navigation and utility buttons are implemented with hold functions.

I’m thinking I could simply with 4-5 scenes and tap tempo. Then use a hold button to increment to the next song. That of course won’t be possible until a setlist mode is implemented but that could work well for me.

Looks like a FC12 is going to be awhile for me so my question is: Has anyone ever used a Voodoo lab ground control with the III? Is there any others I should look at?

Thx,
In general, the Ground Control and GCP are poor choices unless you only need to change presets and use IAs and expression pedals.

Channels can't be changed.

Scenes can be done with a hack...

But I definitely would not purchase one.

I'm so close... were at 7/23.
I'm 8/4.
Few more weeks.
Haven't used my wah pedal since I made the switch...a year ago. Cords too short..lol. it was a hooked into the mc101

Back
Top Bottom