FC Channels Layout

trancegodz

Fractal Fanatic
I tried the channels layout page tonight and found once you select one of the four Drive buttons you can not turn off the effect nor will the light won't go off by pressing the same button a second time.

I am using the factory settings on the FC-12.

Is this the way the channels layout is supposed to work?

When you stomp a button on the Channels layout, you're changing...channels. :)

If you stomp the Channel B button, it changes the Drive block to Channel B, and the Channel B button lights up. If you stomp the Channel B button again, guess what! You're still on Channel B, so the Channel B button stays lit.

Not sure if this option exists, but might be nice to have optional behavior to toggle. Ie, pressing the channel button a second time bypasses the effect. Switching to any other channel would enable if bypassed. So for example:

Drive with 4 channels:
Press channel A, effect is enabled (if previously bypassed) and switches to channel A
Press channel B, switches to channel B. Press B again, bypasses effect
Press channel C, effect enables and goes to channel C.
etc...

Not sure if this option exists, but might be nice to have optional behavior to toggle. Ie, pressing the channel button a second time bypasses the effect. Switching to any other channel would enable if bypassed. So for example:

Drive with 4 channels:
Press channel A, effect is enabled (if previously bypassed) and switches to channel A
Press channel B, switches to channel B. Press B again, bypasses effect
Press channel C, effect enables and goes to channel C.
etc...

That option is there - “Smart Bypass,” check page 29 of the manual.

For the original OP. Looks like that option is 'off' by default. Does this solve the issue for you?

Smart Bypass – This parameter is uniquely powerful. It is OFF by default. When you turn it on, it allows Channel switches to engage or bypass an effect. Activating the Channel Select switch for an effect channel which is already active will BYPASS the effect. Activating the Channel Select switch for an effect channel which is already bypassed will ENGAGE the effect. This powerful capability allows you to set up separate switches for different channels without the need for a separate “Bypass” Switch. In comparison, using separate switches for Bypass/Engage and Channel(s) can require two or more stomps instead of one to change between the various sound options.

I tried the channels layout page tonight and found once you select one of the four Drive buttons you can not turn off the effect nor will the light won't go off by pressing the same button a second time.

I am using the factory settings on the FC-12.

Is this the way the channels layout is supposed to work?
I know the question is turning into “should this do that,” but a reminder that it’s an example Layout for changing channels. Each Layout is not designed to control everything and it was meant to demonstrate changing among Layouts to control different things. Switch to any other Layout with Bypass controls to turn it on or off.

Again, these are examples. Very easy to set what you need later. Put the Bypass on the Hold function of one or all Channel switches if you want, for example.

For the original OP. Looks like that option is 'off' by default. Does this solve the issue for you?

Smart Bypass – This parameter is uniquely powerful. It is OFF by default. When you turn it on, it allows Channel switches to engage or bypass an effect. Activating the Channel Select switch for an effect channel which is already active will BYPASS the effect. Activating the Channel Select switch for an effect channel which is already bypassed will ENGAGE the effect. This powerful capability allows you to set up separate switches for different channels without the need for a separate “Bypass” Switch. In comparison, using separate switches for Bypass/Engage and Channel(s) can require two or more stomps instead of one to change between the various sound options.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. It is exactly what I needed. I just sent my FC-12 back for repair because they said they thought there was a problem with the backlight of the main screen. I will try the Smart Bypass when I get the FC-12 back.

Back
Top Bottom