FC cables what brand?

While cheap cables will work, the age old saying "you get what you pay for" still applies for the most part. True, you don't need to spend a lot of money but I feel there's a difference between "cheap" and "inexpensive". A lot of cheap XLR cables fail at a fairly high rate due to poor construction combined with cheap cable. Inexpensive cables on the other hand may have better connectors but a least use a decent cable with better construction leading to less chance of the cable failing.

Cheap cable usually has far less shield and strand count in the conductors which can be easily broken from the solder joint with very little strain. I didn't realize how big the difference in cables was until I needed to repair several when we went cheap on XLRs. A lot of them required minimal pull on the connector to break the cable from the connector.

All that to say that you're not going to experience any difference in operation by using an expensive cable over an inexpensive cable. Just find an inexpensive cable that has a good reputation for quality or build your own with at least "decent" materials.

Even expensive cables wear down from a lot of gigging so my strategy is not to purchase cheap but not expensive, rather something I could replace every 12-16 months without it becoming too expensive.

i've been using $5 cables for these kinds of connections for years, still using the same ones. no issues. don't buy the absolute cheapest thing you can ever find, but you don't need to spend $80 on a cable from the Axe to the FC.

I ordered some from proaudiola. I wanted to have a 90 degree going into the FC that I could change the direction of depending on what side of the stage I'd be on, and didn't want to solder one myself. I was really impressed with the quality cable, and even more impressed with their support. Emailed them a question on a Saturday and figured maybe I'd get a response on Tues/Weds... I got a response the next day, on a Sunday.

Check out Seismic Audio. Good cables at a great prices.
Plus a bonus:
Colored cables, individual or in sets, various lengths. I've been using these exclusively
for the last year. It makes stage wiring way easier. Instead of 50 black cables,
Red, Green, Orange, Blue, Purple, Yellow cables make it a breeze if you have to
isolate a problem onstage.

https://www.seismicaudiospeakers.com/

Back
Top Bottom