FC Bank Navigation with Axe III Mk 2

frankenbeans

Experienced
I'm experiencing an issue when trying to navigate presets by bank on the Axe Fx III Mk 2. If I'm above preset 511 and I increase the bank, I loop back to the beginning, rather than going to the next 8 presets. This is obviously the intended behavior for the Mk1, but with the increased preset space on the Mk2, it's a roadblock.

Is there a setting in the Axe that I need to change to allow the banks to navigate/increase past preset 511, or will I need to wait for a FW update?

Check the Bank Limit parameter on the footswitch itself. If it can’t increase beyond a certain number, they may need to update that FW to allow it.
Brilliant! That did it. I've gotten so used to navigating with the front panel and now with @austinbuddy 's excellent FC layout. I wasn't even aware of those settings. (It didn't help that I was referencing the Manual and not the Footswitch Functions Guide either.)

Here's what I had to change:
For all Bank+1/-1, change the upper limit to 128 (for 128 banks of 8).
For all Preset+1/-2, change the upper limit to 1023.

Now that I've worked around this feature for my own purposes (navigating the Naked Tones and Live Gold packs), I see that this is actually a genius feature. It allows you to build a wall around your desired presets and only cycle between those. I just have too many AB presets to cycle through :)

I'm having a similar issue but can't seem to get my setup to work... My banks size is set to 4 and I've set via the front panel the upper bank increment to 255 and also in Axe Edit on the bank switches set the upper limit to 255 but not matter what it wraps at 127 for me. I have loaded up the recent beta presets to the upper register so it starts at preset number 897 through 1024. Am I missing something or maybe a bug?

Never mind I got it working... I flip flopped the presets per bank setting then that seemed to shake it out... also needed to. update all the layouts that had the bank increment / decrement. Until I updated all of them it wasn't working... also oddly seemed to really want the the upper limit to be 102 which would line up close to 1024 at 10 per bank. No clue what that was all about but I'm dialed in again.

Back
Top Bottom