FC-6 Virtual Capo Question

Rafa Diaz

Experienced
Hello, is there a way on my AXE FX3 to assign a modifier to the shift of the virtual capo and assign 2 buttons on the FC 6 so pressing one I Increase the pitch and pressing another I decrease the pitch so I can easily select the tonality based on the song without having to archieve presets?

I am meeting a new singer today and his changes cover more than the 4 channels that axe allows me and as i am using my axe as well for the bass I cannot use another pitch block

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-09 at 09.02.55.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-09 at 09.02.55.png
    133.1 KB · Views: 11
As is, there is no function to increment or decrement parameter values directly like that. I think I saw a wish a while back put in to add this kind of functionality.

I just had an idea. What if Fractal were to add step forward and step backward to the Sequencer controller, making it move through the sequence of set values one step at a time in either direction. You could then define a sequence of values for any parameter that you could cycle through with a couple of switches for this kind of thing. Wish list time!

I ended up making duplicate profiles and scrolling through the presets ...... using the performance knob works great for this if you can use one scene...……. but it doesn't transfer the pitch change through different scenes in a preset..

I have two SIS's set up for this …….. switch one toggles +1 and +2, hold goes to Eb …….. Switch 2 toggles +3 and +4, hold goes to capo 5
an additional Switch 3 goes to a home preset with standard tuning.
This is only for a preset at my church gig...... so it doesn't work globally for the reasons mentioned above.

Last edited:
I ended up making duplicate profiles and scrolling through the presets ...... using the performance knob works great for this if you can use one scene...……. but it doesn't transfer the pitch change through different scenes in a preset..

I have two SIS's set up for this …….. switch one toggles +1 and +2, hold goes to Eb …….. Switch 2 toggles +3 and +4, hold goes to capo 5
an additional Switch 3 goes to a home preset with standard tuning.
This is only for a preset at my church gig...... so it doesn't work globally for the reasons mentioned above.

Here's an option.

1. Setup a control switch to turn the pitch block on and off.
2. Set all scenes in any presets you use, so that this same control switch using the 'last' value it was set to.
3. Put the pitch control on the performance screen

Not quite perfect with fc only, but might work for you if you can access the front panel quickly.

This let's you use presets and scenes to change sounds, without changing pitch.

Last edited:
To have up to eight capo settings:

Use two instances of the pitch block with the multiplexer,

set each pitch setting to a different channel and scene (setting the multiplexer to the appropriate row for each scene),

then use the scene increment / decrement feature

If you need up to four capo settings, you could use the channel increment / decrement feature.

Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom