FC-6: Switching Presets into another Scene than Scene 1

cube1968

Hello and Happy New Year to everyone.

I´ve got the FC-6 and would like to use it like i´m using Midi Mapping for Years.

The Switches 1,2,3 should always recall the same Presets in any Banks,
(Tap: Clean, Crunch, Scream; Toggle: Leadsounds Clean, Crunch, Sream, Hold: 1:Chrorus on/OFF, EQ On/Off,)
The switches 4,5,6 sould be reserved for Special FX-Sounds in different Banks

e.g.:
Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-01 um 20.49.48.png
I´ve only found ways where i can change to Presets into Scene 1. Then i can use Scenes of this Preset. But for Stage using it is too difficult to go back to my "Standard Sounds" on the Switches 1, 2, 3

I did this way of Preset Changing for Years with any Midi Switcher (also an old Boss FC 50) and would like to use the FC-6 this way.

Any idea how to handle this?

king regards
cube

Last edited:
You can store your preset say with scene 2, when you recall the preset you'll have scene 2. There's something to dial on the Axe as you can recall always scene 1 or the saved scene, if my memory is well...

Thanks for the answer
yes, i know, but this was only an example; i would like to recall any Preset with any Scene like it is possible with normal Midi Mapping.
´could try to make it with my old MFC 101; that would be possible but very "old Style" too...

So does the FC not follow PC Mapping? I've never tried it so no idea if it's using sysex or midi for that...

I couldn´t find it, with the FC-6
I´ve tried the Midi-Mapping Function in the Axe FX III. This works quite well. You can define the Preset and the scene where you want to go to.

When i can´t find a way to handle this with the FC-6 i think i will send it back. I can do it with the FC-101 in Midi Setup and/or the old Boss FC-50 for a smaller Rehearsal Setup.

Last edited:
if Mapping is enabled the Axe does not react on the FC-6
What do you mean it does not react?

With PC Mapping on, Preset functions will use the Preset/Scene defined in the map instead of the actual Preset. Banks will also refer to mapped locations.

When i set Mapping on, the Display of the FC shows on Switches 1,2, 4,5 the 000 Preset (Bassguy)
Which Map do you mean?

Last edited:
Apologies, I thought you had the map already set up.

On the front panel: SETUP->MIDI/Remote->Mapping

Ok, i found it :) Thanks. The Mapping works now on the Tap Function, Also the hold Function works. Very Cool...

But the Toggle function is not reacting. i´ve set the Secondary Preset to 2, and the Mapping of 2 also. The destination is diplayed in the FC but nothing happens :-/

Last edited:
Ok, i found it :) Thanks. The Mapping works now on the Tap Function, Also the hold Function works. Very Cool...

But the Toggle function is not reacting. i´ve set the Secondary Preset to 2, and the Mapping of 2 also. The destination is diplayed in the FC but nothing happens :-/
It is working for me here. What firmware version is running on your Axe-Fx III?

If you upload your "System + Global Blocks + FC" backup from FractalBot I can take a look.

Ok, here it is. I didn´t assign every Switch, but the main function should be visible on switches 1,2,3.
The Axe Firmware is 11.01, FC-6: 1.09

Attachments

• 200102-173507-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 1
You have found a bug. It's because you are mapped to the same preset but different scenes. When I get a chance I will fix this. I'll post back here when I do.

hmm. the same thing when i map to another Preset. No result on the toggle function... The Settings should be correct; see pictures

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-02 um 19.25.20.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-02 um 19.25.20.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4004.jpg
    IMG_4004.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 11
There are definitely bugs around preset toggle with PC Mapping on. Clearly it hasn't been used much out there, since this is the first I've heard of it. I'll take more of a look when I have a chance. Might be a couple weeks, tho. Sorry for the inconvenience, there's a lot on our plate at the moment.

The next release of the Axe-Fx III should contain fixes for this (11.03 beta 5 or later).

Back
Top Bottom