FC-6 momentary slow

When I set the fc6 controller switch to momentary it is slow because of the timeout at lowest is 0.25 secs. Is there a way to make it an instant momentary? It makes it hard to use effectively and I have to hit it before I want the effect to start. Didn't find anything on this so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

If you set a tap function as momentary, it'll work the moment your foot comes off the switch. No need to wait.

Last edited:
If you a tap function as momentary, it'll work the moment your foot comes off the switch. No need to wait.
Ahhh I will have to try that. I was trying to use a hold so I could optimize how many buttons I have but I guess I will have to sacrifice one to make it work. I'll give it a try when I get a chance. Thank you!

Reactions: Rex
Ahhh I will have to try that. I was trying to use a hold so I could optimize how many buttons I have but I guess I will have to sacrifice one to make it work. I'll give it a try when I get a chance. Thank you!
Yeah, Tap Tempo pretty much needs to be a tap function. Be cause it’s a... Tap Tempo, not a Press-And-Hold Tempo. :)

When I set the fc6 controller switch to momentary it is slow because of the timeout at lowest is 0.25 secs. Is there a way to make it an instant momentary? It makes it hard to use effectively and I have to hit it before I want the effect to start. Didn't find anything on this so any help is appreciated. Thanks.
what is "momentary"? do you mean Tap vs Hold?

Yeah, Tap Tempo pretty much needs to be a tap function. Be cause it’s a... Tap Tempo, not a Press-And-Hold Tempo. :)
Nobody said I wanted it to be Tap Tempo...lol. But I did get it sorted due to your initial reply, so thanks for that. I wanted it set up for a momentary pitch shift whammy.
what is "momentary"? do you mean Tap vs Hold?
Momentary is when the function only works when the button is held vs latching which is a click on click off button function.

Nobody said I wanted it to be Tap Tempo...lol. But I did get it sorted due to your initial reply, so thanks for that. I wanted it set up for a momentary pitch shift whammy.

Momentary is when the function only works when the button is held vs latching which is a click on click off button function.
Glad it’s solved. You’re using a control switch specifically? Or an external switch?

the basic functions of the FC don’t have momentary or latching options, only the 2 things I mentioned above. I’m assuming you mean a control switch?

The Hold duration does not affect that just to clarify. I’m still not sure what the situation is but if it’s solved that’s good.

I'm using a built in button as a control swich on the fc6 and it most certainly does have momentary and latching functions lol

Back
Top Bottom