FC-6 mini display doesn't match main display

Quick noob question here. I'm using the Scenes mode on the FC-6 with most of the switches set to toggle mode. I've noticed that the large display reads correctly that I'm on Scene 3 but the mini display on the switch reads scene 4 and vice versa. I'm updated to all the latest versions of Axe FX III, Axe Edit and FC-6. Any ideas?

Can you post your system settings or capture a screen shot of the switch configuration from Axe-Edit III? It's hard to say without seeing how you have it set up.

Quick noob question here. I'm using the Scenes mode on the FC-6 with most of the switches set to toggle mode. I've noticed that the large display reads correctly that I'm on Scene 3 but the mini display on the switch reads scene 4 and vice versa. I'm updated to all the latest versions of Axe FX III, Axe Edit and FC-6. Any ideas?

The window is showing where you will go not where you currently are

This. That's how toggle mode works.
Ah, that makes sense although personally, I don't like it. I just find it distracting as I'm seeing conflicting readouts when my eyes scan the pedalboard. On the gig, I prefer to just see where I am. If everything says "preset 4" I know that if I hit it again I'll go to 5 or whatever but if I'm seeing both 4 and 5 I find it distracting. I've never seen a pedalboard with this kind of setup before although I do see how some people would like it. I wonder if it could be made an option to sync them up if that was desired by the user?

...personally, I don't like it. I just find it distracting as I'm seeing conflicting readouts when my eyes scan the pedalboard. On the gig, I prefer to just see where I am. If everything says "preset 4" I know that if I hit it again I'll go to 5 or whatever...
It's that "whatever" that'll get ya. Does that footswitch take you one preset higher or one preset lower? Or does it call up a specific preset? Or have you programmed it to do something different in the current preset? If the mini-display just tells you where you are, then it gives you no clue as to what it'll actually do.

When I stomp on a footswitch, it's because I want to change something. And I want the mini-display to tell me exactly what that change will be. So I don't have to guess or remember. I already have the main display to tell me what preset I'm on, with 100% accuracy.

In other words, I don't want the mini-display to get lazy and just echo information that I already have available. Otherwise, why have it at all?

It's that "whatever" that'll get ya. Does that footswitch take you one preset higher or one preset lower? Or does it call up a specific preset? Or have you programmed it to do something different in the current preset? If the mini-display just tells you where you are, then it gives you no clue as to what it'll actually do.

When I stomp on a footswitch, it's because I want to change something. And I want the mini-display to tell me exactly what that change will be. So I don't have to guess or remember. I already have the main display to tell me what preset I'm on, with 100% accuracy.

In other words, I don't want the mini-display to get lazy and just echo information that I already have available. Otherwise, why have it at all?
Good point Rex. Thanks to everyone for helping me out with this. I'll get used to it and I'm sure after a short time I'll be wondering how I ever lived wthout it.

There are a few options for this. 'Destination Name', 'Both #', 'Destination #', and 'Custom'. Have you tried any of the others?

If you are using the 'Destination Name' option, you could get creative with the names of the two scenes that you are toggling to better represent what you wish to see in the display.

Maybe adding 'Current Name', and 'Current #' to the options could help some situations?

Good point Rex. Thanks to everyone for helping me out with this. I'll get used to it and I'm sure after a short time I'll be wondering how I ever lived wthout it.
Confession time: When i fist got my FC-6, I had a brief pang of exactly what you’re feeling. It didn’t take me long to realize that I wouldn’t want it any other way than the way it is.

I have no idea, but if he wanted to name all scenes kebob he probably could by changing the label
That's true... But that isn't what he wants. What he wants is Scene Toggle that shows the scene he's on instead of the scene it will change to. You can't solve that with a custom label.

There are a few options for this. 'Destination Name', 'Both #', 'Destination #', and 'Custom'. Have you tried any of the others?

If you are using the 'Destination Name' option, you could get creative with the names of the two scenes that you are toggling to better represent what you wish to see in the display.

Maybe adding 'Current Name', and 'Current #' to the options could help some situations?

I've been thinking of putting in a request for at least "Current Name" to be added.

I'm the same way with scene toggles. My brain wants to see what I'm currently on, not what I'll be on after I press the switch. It's much more intuitive for me to use only the switch labels/LEDs to see where I am at a glance without having to shift my focus to the main LCD to see what my current scene is.

I typically use custom labels so the switch only shows the name of the primary scene at all times, but it'd be nice to 1) not have to do that and 2) be able to tell even more easily at a glance when I'm using an alt scene and which scene it actually is.

Back
Top Bottom