FC-6 Main Display Blank

rmbaylin

Inspired
My FC-6 suddenly has nothing showing on the main display (ie no preset or scene information is displayed). It was fine and then I notice is just blank. The mini-displays are fine

When I power it up it shows "Fractal Audio Initializing..." so I know the LCD display works.

Is there a setting I may have turned off? I don't think its a loose connection otherwise the bootup message wouldn't appear. See no option to adjust main LCD contrast setting (bootup message looks fine), so I think its something as a setting somewhere else.

I have cleared all layouts (can't seem to find how to factory reset)

Any ideas ????

Its fixed !!!

Well... dumb as can be me had the contrast at 71% (no idea how I did that!).

I was looking in FM3 for the contrast setting, and followed your threads instructions to reset it to 93%.

Thanks to all who offered help and suggestions.

Its fixed !!!

Well... dumb as can be me had the contrast at 71% (no idea how I did that!).

I was looking in FM3 for the contrast setting, and followed your threads instructions to reset it to 93%.

Thanks to all who offered help and suggestions.
Earlier today I had a scare from the same thing. I turned on my setup and noted that the preset info on my FC6 main display was very faint. I managed to figure out to check the FC display parameters as well and noted that it was lowered to around 70% as well. Turning it up solved the problem.
Decided to check the forum for others with similar issue and found your post.
Like you, I don’t recall mucking about with the display contrast before so thought it was odd.

Back
Top Bottom