FC-6 Losing Main LCD Display

Downtown2112

Inspired
Sound checking using the latest firmware and I’m losing the main LCD display after some period of time. Tried power cycling everything and things worked....until I lost the display again.

Individual LCDs still are displaying and everything seems to be working.

Still - kinda scary.

DBE5E8E1-4828-4F9B-A197-A401B98B3CDB.jpeg

Looks like a loose connector inside.

Anything is possible, I guess. However after I’ve lost display and without touching the FC at all, I can power down the III, wait, power back up and the LCD displays just fine.

Thank goodness I’ve got the III sitting right next to me so I can see the tuner.

Anything is possible, I guess. However after I’ve lost display and without touching the FC at all, I can power down the III, wait, power back up and the LCD displays just fine.

Thank goodness I’ve got the III sitting right next to me so I can see the tuner.
A connector that’s barely making contact can do that.

Contact Fractal support. They’ll probably tell you to open it up and reseat the connectors. It’s an easy job if you’re at all comfortable removing screws.

Last edited:
Emailed support - will post back here with updates.

3 things worth mentioning:
1) Made it through the first set of our second service with no issues. Yay!

2) When it has gone out, the LCD still appears backlit - there’s just nothing displaying there.

3) The only thing that’s changed is that I added PPC hold overrides to switch 3 on three presets this morning. The hold override (I had already overridden the tap) engages and disengages the tuner.

Back
Top Bottom