FC-6 Layout Problem

ChrisAngela1

Inspired
Arriving this past Thursday, my AXE III is in its SKB case on top of my Marshall table! Ecstatic about owning this tremendous piece of gear, and an initial run thru all of the presets has been extremely impressive! It's (IMHO) to me a pretty big upgrade in overall sound quality and performance from my AX8 (though still much loved!). This is going to really fun:)

One question though, I've successfully connected expression pedals and my Eventide H9 + Boss SY-300 via MIDI (thank you Leon Todd), and upgraded the firmware to 7.0, but I have one issue that has me stumped.

Per my photo of the FC-6, FC layout #1 seems to be stuck. It advances the banks, but the number one preset 59 Bassguy remains. I've attempted multiple resets followed by reloading the factory "Default Layouts & Settings) to no avail.

The other Layouts work fine as expected...anyone ever have this issue? I'm finding my biggest challenge (though pretty straightforward) has been setting up the FC-6 for easy switching. I'll get there, soon, but this has me stuck.

Thanks in advance, cheers!

IMG_0774.jpgIMG_0773.jpg

Thanks Chris! It's set to 4, was hoping that was it. It was working fine up until today when I really set out to get the FC-6 programmed.

If I did make some accidental entry, I would think the reset to factory would have fixed it.

Check your bank size in FC settings. It might be set to 1 for some reason. Probably want it set to 4.
Sorry, didn't respond to your response, I'll try again:-/

Thanks Chris! It's set to 4, was hoping that was it. It was working fine up until today when I really set out to get the FC-6 programmed.

If I did make some accidental entry, I would think the reset to factory would have fixed it.

Here's a screen shot of AXE Edit (the newest version 1.03) The FC-6 version is 1.09, AXE III 7.00

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 12.59.13.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 12.59.13.png
    706.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Can you do another screen shot where you’ve clicked the show to “functions” option on the LHS? That will show all the pedal settings in that layout.

Sorry, didn't respond to your response, I'll try again:-/

Here's a screen shot of AXE Edit (the newest version 1.03) The FC-6 version is 1.09, AXE III 7.00
Are all your Preset switches set to “select in bank” and set to 1? That would definitely set it to the same thing.

Advancing the banks doesn't take you off oif the current preset. You have to actually select a preset for that to happen.

Last edited:
Advancing the banks doesn't take you off oif the current preset. Toy gave to actually select a preset for that to happen.
Correct, I advance (or back) the banks and it shows the Bank changing, but the Preset remains Bassguy, so odd. The pic shows what appears the moment I select the next bank...

Attachments

• IMG_0779.jpg
    IMG_0779.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5
Not odd. Normal. Reread post #10, and select a preset. :)
Sadly, no matter how high or low I scroll to different banks, all 4 Preset mini-displays show 59 Bassguy, it literally shows no others. I select every preset switch and it just goes to (or stays) at 59 Bassguy...

I got the fix from the AXE III Facebook Group. While setting up my MIDI out to send PC changes to the Boss Synth and H9, I setup my MIDI incorrectly...good grief. Here's the pics...lesson learned, don't work on this late at night while tired:-/ The correct answer is "OFF", not 1. Thanks all for all the help, I knew it would be resolved somehow with all the great knowledge bank out there!

Attachments

• IMG_0782.jpg
    IMG_0782.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0781.jpg
    IMG_0781.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9
Under Setup:MIDI/Remote, scrolling down to PC CONFIGURATION, I had changed "Send MIDI PC" to the number 1 (it should be OFF in my case at least)...I inadvertently thought this was the AXE MIDI send channel...oops! This pic shows the correct settings (for my setup at least).

Attachments

• IMG_0781.jpg
    IMG_0781.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom