FC-6 incoming. Can I do this?

JiveTurkey

Power User
Posted this elsewhere but I am coming straight to the source.

I am thinking I want to mirror some of my current switching functionality I have on the board. When I feel like doing it remotely; I'll bring out the FC. Here is my board:
4lHMWrLl.jpg

1-3 switches on the Roland select GR presets when necessary. FC doesn't have to do that. The CTL switches the GR octave on and off. It would be cool to do that on the FC. The GR expression pedal sends a midi CC value of 2 to the FM to disengage the main input, amp and cab block and engage the loop (input 2) on the FM. It would be cool to get the FC and an attached expression pedal to do that. FM switches 1, 2 and 3 are control switches 1, 2 and 3; respectively. Instead of scenes; I vary gain, turn some effects on and off and adjust effects mix with these switches. It would be cool to mirror these 3 on the FC-6. Can I do it?

(Perhaps?) answering my own question without reading the manual.

Per @BryantP ; I can mirror the layouts.
"You can set up your FC-6 to mirror the FM3:
  1. Hit HOME
  2. Go to SETUP (press knob E)
  3. Select FC Controllers/Onboard Switches
  4. Go to row 2 (FC #1)
  5. Use knob E to select FM3 for the MIRROR FC setting."
So I could just set the back row of switches to do the extra things I want. The trick will probably be getting the expression pedal to take over for what the GR55 exp pedal does. Or I just create a second preset and assign the FC-6 expression pedal to the modifiers the GR exp pedal is currently assigned to.

Back
Top Bottom