FC-6 First Impressions

Axe-Master
This little powerhouse arrived early today so I managed to get a few hours into it before shooting a quick clip. Pulled it out of the box, hooked it up, loaded the defaults and tweaked the MLM to the settings @yek suggested (fantastic idea btw mate) and it's absolutely flying. Cliff, Matt & co - you've outdone yourselves with this device.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, Leon. I spent over a week mulling over different approaches to setting up the FC-6 for my needs. Finally mapped it all out and set it up last night. I'm betting I'll have everything changed a time or two before its inaugural gig in a couple of weeks, lol.

Next step is revisiting 50 or so per-song presets in the AFX III. I imported all my old presets from the II, but I know some of them I want to completely re-work from the ground up to take advantage of things I've learned since initially setting them up.

This little powerhouse arrived early today so I managed to get a few hours into it before shooting a quick clip. Pulled it out of the box, hooked it up, loaded the defaults and tweaked the MLM to the settings @yek suggested (fantastic idea btw mate) and it's absolutely flying. Cliff, Matt & co - you've outdone yourselves with this device.

that preset tho :O

Did my first show with the Axe III and FC-6 a little while ago.
Flawless operation!! Great footprint, easy as pie.
Still on the waitlist for a FC-12, so at the moment I am STOKED to have the FC-6.
I can really see advantages of owning BOTH of these controllers.

Enjoy!!

Leon, how did you set up your Scenes buttons to change color when active? I poked around a while last night and couldn't figure out how get different colors for different states of a button. I'm sure I'm just missing something basic...wouldn't be the first time, lol.

Leon, how did you set up your Scenes buttons to change color when active? I poked around a while last night and couldn't figure out how get different colors for different states of a button. I'm sure I'm just missing something basic...wouldn't be the first time, lol.
? Change color? Where in the video do you see this?

More I use the 6, less I feel I need a 12. In fact, even though I got my invitation for the 12, I still haven’t gone for it. Just really like the 6 size, and it’s pretty quick to go between layouts to the point where I don’t know if a 12 would save me that much time as I’d probably still be using a second layout on it. If the external switches can someday offer more options I don’t think I’d even consider the 12 again.

The per preset switches are also really powerful, though they do take time to setup.

I don’t for example need a flanger and a chorus and a phaser per song, so I just setup my per preset layout to have the one I need, and then with the limited 6 I still can have enough switches for the mod I use. Different than the kitchen sink approach of having 12 switches and an option for each, but I don’t really find myself missing that.

More so, I can always set up another effects layout with more choices so should I want that option, it’s just a MLM press away.

never would I of imagined 6 switches could be so powerful, after 17 on my mfc felt limited, but FAS really thought out some clever design to let you easily do a ton of stuff with very little real estate

More I use the 6, less I feel I need a 12. In fact, even though I got my invitation for the 12, I still haven’t gone for it. Just really like the 6 size, and it’s pretty quick to go between layouts to the point where I don’t know if a 12 would save me that much time as I’d probably still be using a second layout on it. If the external switches can someday offer more options I don’t think I’d even consider the 12 again.

The per preset switches are also really powerful, though they do take time to setup.

I don’t for example need a flanger and a chorus and a phaser per song, so I just setup my per preset layout to have the one I need, and then with the limited 6 I still can have enough switches for the mod I use. Different than the kitchen sink approach of having 12 switches and an option for each, but I don’t really find myself missing that.

More so, I can always set up another effects layout with more choices so should I want that option, it’s just a MLM press away.

never would I of imagined 6 switches could be so powerful, after 17 on my mfc felt limited, but FAS really thought out some clever design to let you easily do a ton of stuff with very little real estate

Wow!!

? Change color? Where in the video do you see this?

I think he means about at the 9:13 mark, but it is really just the way the camera is picking up the color (e.g. bright red vs dim red for scene on/off) as it is not possible to have different colors for different states of a button. It just kind of looks that way in the video.

Awesome! Waiting for your in-depth video
Cheers

The colours are pretty hard to pick up with my camera set up but they're stunning in person. Between per preset assignments, the override function and Yek's MLM layout this really is more than just a 6 button foitswitch. I feel like I get a new ousts with this thing every 10 minutes so there will no doubt be a few in depth vids coming soon.

I'll post that preset when I get home tonight too.

Back
Top Bottom