FC-6 + FC-12 Manual

Just reading the manual, and I wish to thank the entire FAS team for their collective efforts to produce yet another spectacular product.

There should be a big warning label however: Reading the manual causes GAS. Haven't had the itch for sometime now, but seeing the shipments go out and getting into FC feature sets, ... well that's just gonna cause some itch in the giddyup. :)

Can an FC6 mirror the first 6 switches of an FC12?
Page 9 in the FC manual

Mirroring is a special setting that forces two or more daisy-chained FC units to remain perfectly in sync. They show the same layouts, with all the same switches and switch states. Any change to any mirrored unit is reflected instantly on the other mirrored unit(s). The usual scenario for mirroring involves an artist on stage with a tech offstage who helps with switching.
To mirror one FC to another:
Change to the Devices page of the FC Controllers menu under SETUP.
Select the row for the FC unit that you want to mirror, then select the desired unit to mirror using the D knob.
A note on pedals and switches: Connected expression pedals and switches are NOT mirrored, since pedal jacks are named explicitly in modifiers or controller assignments. For example, “External 1” on your Axe-Fx might be set to “FC#1 PEDAL #1”. A preset using External 1
then will ONLY respond to that specific pedal and not the pedal 1 jack on a mirrored FC. Fortunately, different presets, effects, or parameters can be assigned as desired to individual pedal or switch jacks, so in one song, you might operate a wah, while during a different
song, your tech could do it for you offstage while you fly through the air on wires.
Any unit(s) can mirror any other unit(s), so be careful not to create a circular mirror (1 mirrors 2, 2 mirrors 1). This will cause one or both FC units to
behave unpredictably until the problem is corrected.

Page 9 in the FC manual

Mirroring is a special setting that forces two or more daisy-chained FC units to remain perfectly in sync. They show the same layouts, with all the same switches and switch states. Any change to any mirrored unit is reflected instantly on the other mirrored unit(s). The usual scenario for mirroring involves an artist on stage with a tech offstage who helps with switching.
To mirror one FC to another:
Change to the Devices page of the FC Controllers menu under SETUP.
Select the row for the FC unit that you want to mirror, then select the desired unit to mirror using the D knob.
A note on pedals and switches: Connected expression pedals and switches are NOT mirrored, since pedal jacks are named explicitly in modifiers or controller assignments. For example, “External 1” on your Axe-Fx might be set to “FC#1 PEDAL #1”. A preset using External 1
then will ONLY respond to that specific pedal and not the pedal 1 jack on a mirrored FC. Fortunately, different presets, effects, or parameters can be assigned as desired to individual pedal or switch jacks, so in one song, you might operate a wah, while during a different
song, your tech could do it for you offstage while you fly through the air on wires.
Any unit(s) can mirror any other unit(s), so be careful not to create a circular mirror (1 mirrors 2, 2 mirrors 1). This will cause one or both FC units to
behave unpredictably until the problem is corrected.
I read that. It didn’t say anything about having diff units. I guess I’ll find out in a few weeks when mine arrive.

Back
Top Bottom