FC-6 as a Looper

Bulldog50

Inspired
I have posted before regarding the looper block. It is hard to work, in so far as staying on the beat, starting and stopping from AXE-Edit etc. I know I could buy a third party looper and hook it up to the AXE, but if I am going to do that, I am thinking maybe I should just buy a FC. It seems like it would be just as easy to use as a Looper as any third party looper, plus I would have the advantages of the FC and all that that entails. Am I wrong? As far as the looper goes, I want to hit it and play some chords, and stop it on the beat. Sorry for my ignorance, but would the FC, either the 6 or the 12, work for this? As always, thanks to the group for your expert advice.

It will work just fine. One thing to think about though is if you want to save your loops or use pre-created ones. The Axe Fx doesn't save your loops sadly, be great if it did. For this reason I got an external looper, which I believe you can use the FC to trigger via the midi block.

Hmm, maybe a firmware update in the future will do that. Not that big of a problem for me, though. Thanks for pointing that out.

One other tip that you might find useful, if you aren’t already aware. Don’t set up secondary choices on the FC switches, which will minimize lag, as the polling to determine whether a switch was held or not isn’t required.

Back
Top Bottom