FC-6 and Increment/Decrement Preset via external switch

Thanks for your reply. Sorry I should have clarified. I meant a bank of 5 switches on the controller. How I currently use my mfc is the bottom 5 switches as presets, the rest as IA’s, some scenes, etc.

So with the FC, I am hoping to have the bottom row be presets, and then be able to bank either up and down to access to next or previous 6 presets. Hopefully that makes sense. I will certainly submit a wishlist item for this if it cannot be accomplished. Though I think I can adapt if this can’t be accomplished.

These controllers are truly impressive either way. I look forward to seeing them in action.
Don't forget that you have both tap and hold options for your switches.

You can make 2 switches that have a primary function on tap but then do bank Increment or Decrement on hold.

Don't forget that you have both tap and hold options for your switches.

You can make 2 switches that have a primary function on tap but then do bank Increment or Decrement on hold.

I will be using my FC primarily for live and want as many buttons for switching between various effects configurations as possible per preset. But of course, I will need to increment through the preset/set list. I’m trying to decide between the 6 and 12 and am reluctant to give up two buttons on the layout for dedicated increment up/down. I see elsewhere and in the manual that the external switch jacks, say with dual momentary switches and a TRS cannot currently do increment commands. Can anyone see a disadvantage to the hold “up” next preset on one button and hold “down” on another? I can imagine some limitations with the hold increment solution on the 6 while using the looper, unless a dedicated looper button could also be made to simultaneously change the layout into one which can make full use of all the multiple looper parameters. Is this possible?

Last edited:
I will be using my FC primarily for live and want as many buttons for switching between various effects configurations as possible per preset. But of course, I will need to increment through the preset/set list. I’m trying to decide between the 6 and 12 and am reluctant to give up two buttons on the layout for dedicated increment up/down. I see elsewhere and in the manual that the external switch jacks, say with dual momentary switches and a TRS cannot currently do increment commands. Can anyone see a disadvantage to the hold “up” next preset on one button and hold “down” on another? I can imagine some limitations with the hold increment solution on the 6 while using the looper, unless a dedicated looper button could also be made to simultaneously change the layout into one which can make full use of all the multiple looper parameters. Is this possible?
I don't see any issues with using the hold that way. You could also do as iaresee suggested and have a layout just for preset selection.

You can also have a layout for looper controls... And it could be triggered on either a tap or hold.

Dedicate an entire layout to selecting presets and just switch to that layout to make the preset changes?

Thanks for the suggestion, good to know, but if I have more than 6 presets in a set list, then I would need two pages or more right? That’s fine, but it seems like more steps to get to any particular preset than the other alternative I proposed. Aside from being able to see 6 song headings per page, what other advantages do you see to this approach?

Thanks for the suggestion, good to know, but if I have more than 6 presets in a set list, then I would need two pages or more right? That’s fine, but it seems like more steps to get to any particular preset than the other alternative I proposed. Aside from being able to see 6 song headings per page, what other advantages do you see to this approach?

FC-6 Layout 1 from the factory is a good preset picker - 4 presets and bank up/down switches.

I don't see any issues with using the hold that way. You could also do as iaresee suggested and have a layout just for preset selection.

You can also have a layout for looper controls... And it could be triggered on either a tap or hold.

Glad to hear that, the 6 seems like plenty of buttons if I take this approach. The catch is you have to remember which buttons have those 2 particular multiple functions, but if I keep the hold up and down on say the right two top/bottom buttons as the increment/decrement, and reserve those button’s tap functions for effects configurations which do not need multiple scenes or channels, then I haven’t given up anything by configuring the buttons this way, right?

Further on the subject of making the most of an FC6, I can use an external momentary switch for global settings like switching the tuner on/off, right?

Glad to hear that, the 6 seems like plenty of buttons if I take this approach. The catch is you have to remember which buttons have those 2 particular multiple functions, but if I keep the hold up and down on say the right two top/bottom buttons as the increment/decrement, and reserve those button’s tap functions for effects configurations which do not need multiple scenes or channels, then I haven’t given up anything by configuring the buttons this way, right?
Right.

Back
Top Bottom