FC-6 8 Scenes and 6 switches

Dickie Fredericks

Experienced
How would you set up the 8 scenes on this? Say for a situation where you had 8 scenes of chord drones.

I have an offer to get the FC-6 but I think a 12 would be best

Toggle between 2 scenes on any Tap or Hold function, or assign 2 scenes to a Hold function.

each switch can do more than one thing. it doesn't have to be 1 scene per switch and that's all the switch does.

You can also set up two external switches for two dedicated scenes, or one extra switch with tap and hold for the extra two scenes

Gotcha.
So I could set it up to toggle as such...
switch 1 = scene 1 and scene 8
switch 2 = scene 2 and 7...

or any combination and still have the 2 other switches for tuner and someting else...
Yes...

Just be aware of the fact that Scene toggle aiways goes the the first scene when pressing the switch and coming from another scene button.

For example, of you have a button that toggles 1/2 and another that toggles 3/4, you can't get directly from 3 or 4 to 2... You have to go out 1 first.

Yes...

Just be aware of the fact that Scene toggle aiways goes the the first scene when pressing the switch and coming from another scene button.

For example, of you have a button that toggles 1/2 and another that toggles 3/4, you can't get directly from 3 or 4 to 2... You have to go out 1 first.

Hmmm that kinda sucks heh
Maybe Ill wait for the FC-12.

@Dickie Fredericks @unix-guy I have mine set so switch 1 handles acene1 / scene7 and switch 2 handles scene2 / scene8. The first scene is assigned to the tap function, while the second scene on each switch is assigned to the Hold function. I regularly go from scene7 to scene8 without scene2 engaging, as long as I didn’t accidentally tap switch 2, rather than press and hold. Hope this helps.

@Dickie Fredericks @unix-guy I have mine set so switch 1 handles acene1 / scene7 and switch 2 handles scene2 / scene8. The first scene is assigned to the tap function, while the second scene on each switch is assigned to the Hold function. I regularly go from scene7 to scene8 without scene2 engaging, as long as I didn’t accidentally tap switch 2, rather than press and hold. Hope this helps.

Interesting; isn't it difficult to engage a scene at the correct time using a hold function? I am interested in how this works because I am on the wait list for the FM3, so would like to hear how you use it, if you don't mind!

Or can the button be set so you hold and it engages on release?

That's a very good point... I wasn't thinking about both tap and hold functions.

The drawback to your approach is that your scene changes on the hold function cannot be immediate because you have to wait for the hold timer to expire before the change happens.

The drawback to your approach is that your scene changes on the hold function cannot be immediate because you have to wait for the hold timer to expire before the change happens.

It would be nice if the hold function could (optionally, per switch) trigger on switch release. That would make it easier to align the change with the song/part.

Last edited:
@blackmoreguitar It is more difficult for sure, and I don't know that I'd want to use either scene7 or scene8 for anything where I needed pinpoint timing. I mainly wanted to share that setting scene1 as tap and scene7 as hold doesn't require first going to scene1, in order to get scene7, as it would if these two scenes were toggled between. I also still have mine set for the default .5 seconds of hold time, which is an adjustable field, but a change in this time period likely wouldn't really change to help this. I agree with @Bakerman that it would really help to be able to press and hold a switch, only to have it activate upon release!

Currently, everything works really well with a Ground Control Pro. Plenty of buttons to change scenes. Im going to pass on the FC-6 for now. I'm still on the list for a FC-12.

@Dickie Fredericks Totally understand. No reason to jump into something that might create frustration, when you already have a working solution. I have both the FC6 and FC12, and I like having the small footprint of the FC6 at times, but if I was to only have one, it’d have to be the FC12.

Back
Top Bottom