FC-6/12 showing external foot controller usage percentage

Jason1620

This may have been posted before, so forgive me. I'd love to see a percentage shown on the FC6/12 that shows the percent usage of the attached pedal.
For example, if I'm using my pedal as a volume pedal, I'd love to know if I was pressing the pedal 50% or 75%. If I have an external pedal set for a shimmer sound, I might not always want it 100% all the time. Sometimes I might just want it at 50% and it's hard to tell how "hard" the pedal is being pressed. A display on the FC would make it easy to tell how much I'm using.
I hope this makes sense.

I have that feature on the Morningstar MC6. I had to turn it off because it was distracting during the gig. My main display would change drastically, so I looked down at it too often to see what happened. And if I used my expression pedal and needed to check the display for the usual info, I had to wait till the expression % turned off.

I can see the desire for something like this, but just sharing my experience with something that does it. If this comes to the FCs, I’d definitely not use it, so I hope it will be optional.

If you often go between several specific values, maybe a control switch would be a good choice rather than an expression pedal. Just offering another idea.

+1 could be useful. Also +1 on @chris suggestion that it be optional. Maybe even for each preset - people may only want it for a couple specific things, but not all the time. For example, you might not want it for general wah use, but it could be handy on a different preset to fade in an effect.

+1 could be useful. Also +1 on @chris suggestion that it be optional. Maybe even for each preset - people may only want it for a couple specific things, but not all the time. For example, you might not want it for general wah use, but it could be handy on a different preset to fade in an effect.
Good idea - optional per-controller, per-preset.

Back
Top Bottom