FC 6/12 choice: regrets?

I can't deal with 6 switches. I like to have access to the equivalent of a full pedalboard of effects, to turn them on when the mood strikes me. Delay, Trem, Phaser, Flanger, Comp, a clean boost, chorus, a couple of drives. Add tap tempo and layout change and I'm full up.

I can't deal with 6 switches. I like to have access to the equivalent of a full pedalboard of effects, to turn them on when the mood strikes me. Delay, Trem, Phaser, Flanger, Comp, a clean boost, chorus, a couple of drives. Add tap tempo and layout change and I'm full up.

That's exactly what I'm thinking, if I was looking purely gig settings, just on scenes (which I'd tend to do) the FC6 would be great, but most of my playing is playing at home and jams out - and for that I reckon I'll need to be moving between three layers (scenes, drives, mods) at least - too much.

FC12 it is!

I didn't think about this at all... how cool is it to use one FC-6 for smaller gigs and 2 x FC-6 for bigger shows.

Can you easily do the switch between one and two FC-6's and make two units work like FC-12?
+1

The only thing I wouldn’t like about this is having to run power to the second FC6. I absolutely love being able to have power and bi-directional signal over a single XLR cable. If I go with a big rig/small rig approach I will probably just buy both a 6 and a 12.

I think there is some limitation as to what you can assign to external switches?

The things that can currently be assigned to external switches on the FC are all found in the MIDI/REMOTE menu of the Axe-Fx III. External switches cannot be assigned functions in the way that onboard ones can.

I got the FC12 because it's staying home. If I were actually gigging the III, I would have gotten the FC6.

A side note...the ease of getting this device to do precisely what you want it to is glorious!

I got the FC12 because it's staying home. If I were actually gigging the III, I would have gotten the FC6.

A side note...the ease of getting this device to do precisely what you want it to is glorious!
I just ordered the 12....was going back and forth, but since it's mostly for home use (AX8 for gigs), I went big.
For 200 bucks more...why not?

I gigged today with my AX8 because I needed to incorporate my acoustic (tone matched) and have not set it up yet on the III. It was one of those days where we did songs outside of the playlist and I realized how important it is for me at times to have a preset that is basically my tap dance pedal board. May end up the FC-12 after all when my number comes up. I also realized how much I like my spring loaded EP1 for wah and a regular EP1 for volume.

I used the FC-12 live this weekend. No ragrets at all!!! Love it! Don't' think I would want a smaller version at this point. Don't think I would want a bigger version of the board either. I think having 12 buttons and then if you can setup a few layouts and easily toggle them is more than enough.

Back
Top Bottom