FC 6/12 Alternatives for your FM3

Hey folks, do we know good alternatives fully compatible with the FM3. By fully-compatible I meant the same capabilities as the FC6/12 or even better, which includes tapping and holding the switches and so on?

Hey folks, do we know good alternatives fully compatible with the FM3. By fully-compatible I meant the same capabilities as the FC6/12 or even better, which includes tapping and holding the switches and so on?
Any switch that you buy such as a Roland FS7 can act as a stand in switch for FM3. This means it has the same functionality as the FM3 switches such as tap and hold functions.

no other midi controller will be "fully compatible" as the FC's pull the data directly from the Axe/FM3 over the XLR FASlink 2 connection. just keep that in mind.

but many controllers have their own tap vs hold functions and other capabilities. you'll be programming the controllers directly, as opposed to using the Axe/FM3 interface on the unit itself. that's pretty standard for almost all controllers.

Morningstar
Voes
RJM

are the ones that come to mind with "full capabilities."

if price is the issue, almost all options are around the prices of the FC6 or FC12, or more expensive.

no other midi controller will be "fully compatible" as the FC's pull the data directly from the Axe/FM3 over the XLR FASlink 2 connection. just keep that in mind.

but many controllers have their own tap vs hold functions and other capabilities. you'll be programming the controllers directly, as opposed to using the Axe/FM3 interface on the unit itself. that's pretty standard for almost all controllers.

Morningstar
Voes
RJM

are the ones that come to mind with "full capabilities."

if price is the issue, almost all options are around the prices of the FC6 or FC12, or more expensive.

Thanks, Chris....and Yep, it's kinda the price, but also just to evaluate other alternatives. I wish Fractal after such a long wait (cuz I want the one with headphones) put together some kinda package with the FC6/12 as they have been selling the AX-III.

I am trying to downsize, AX8 to FM3.
As beautiful as they are, the FC series from Fractal is going the other way for me.....but I want to add switches. Can you get 3 in a small form , with Midi maybe ?

I am trying to downsize, AX8 to FM3.
As beautiful as they are, the FC series from Fractal is going the other way for me.....but I want to add switches. Can you get 3 in a small form , with Midi maybe ?
Morningstar MC6 is probably the most features smallest form. 6 switches. a bit different setup than other controllers, but easy once you get the hang of it. online editor is the way to go - i can never remember the button combinations to get into setup modes unless i look up the manual.

but once it's setup it's great.

I'll probably rough it with a 2 button external switch and a expression pedal front of stage,while keeping the FM3 behind me on my amp, then maybe get a Morningstar mc6 down the line

Thanks, Chris....and Yep, it's kinda the price, but also just to evaluate other alternatives. I wish Fractal after such a long wait (cuz I want the one with headphones) put together some kinda package with the FC6/12 as they have been selling the AX-III.
Are you looking for more switches or for different functionality?

Are you looking for more switches or for different functionality?
TBH I was looking for the same functionality with a lower budget. It's kinda crazy you pay almost half of the price for the FC6 in relation to the FM3...but I guess there is no way around it....Hopefully, we will see some packages like they are doing with the AxeIII

I'll probably rough it with a 2 button external switch and a expression pedal front of stage,while keeping the FM3 behind me on my amp, then maybe get a Morningstar mc6 down the line
I'm thinking something similar with keeping my FM3 backstage on my amp and hoping to be able to run it via midi from a Boss GT100 I currently use. No idea if it will work but if I can get it to at least change patches & banks it should be enough. Haven't played with Fractal toys before.

I'm using a MIDI Expression IO. It allows you to connect multiple pedals/switches of your choosing to send MIDI messages. It has a bunch of nice features for things like counting values for CCs, configurable slopes and offsets for expression pedals, etc.

https://www.audiofront.net/MIDIExpression.php

A buddy of mine is using the Disaster Area MIDI Baby 3 which has 3 programmable footswitches and two more TRS connections for additional pedals/switches.

https://www.disasterareaamps.com/shop/midi-baby-3

Back
Top Bottom