FC-12 vs FC-6 Which should I purchase?

Bulldog50

Inspired
I am an intermediate basement player, and would like to have a foot controller, so I can easily switch between presets, scenes and effects, without having to touch AXE edit or my AXE FXIII. I am thinking I don't need the FC-12, but can anyone change my mind? What would I gain by spending an extra $200? As always, I really appreciate the help from the group that I always receive. Thanks.

more switches with the FC12, that's mostly it. this allows you to have more functions available at once.

the FC6 has access to the same number of functions/switches (12 switches on 9 layouts, with Tap and Hold for each), but you only "see" 6 at a time, since it has 6 physical switches.

so if you want to be able to select 12 different things (24 really with Tap and Hold) without changing Layouts or Views, the FC12 is the way to go. if you can have "only" 6 different things at any given time (12 with Tap and Hold), then the FC6 can work for you, while taking up less physical space.

again, it's about how many switches/functions are immediately available at once. all functionality is there with the FC6, but you may have to change Views (which changes what the switches do/display) first.

for many users, the FC6 has more than enough capability for what they need to select from at any given moment.

Here’s a copy/paste of what I put in your other thread:

Get the FC-12. I’m also a home player and having 12 buttons is nice.
If I played out I’d probably get the FC-6 for the smaller footprint.

How many tones do you need per song? I do not yet have an fxIII, but with the axe fx xl I My self for most songs I use clean, rhythm, and lead. some songs have a special effect. I use preset up down, 2 switches. and 4 scenes, 4 switches but could be done with 2. If you use more then that well then get the 12.

Before buying, I mapped out all the songs in our set list to see how many switches I’d need. There wasn’t ever a time I needed more than 6. I looove the look of a big foot controller (loved the MFC) but I just didn’t need it. Per preset controls are the best!

That’s what worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom