FC-12 versus the FC-6

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
Can someone lay out the basic differences? I'm still using the Ax8 so it's all new territory.
I would use one of these live with an AxIII
I live with 2 different pre sets all night in the Ax8 live

To further elucidate Cliff's concise answer, they are the same except for the number of switches.

Danny W.

I'd strongly encourage you to read the FC manual.

Also, it's probably going to come down to HOW you want to use the buttons.

FC6 is a great form factor. For playing with a band that has consistent predictable changes in each song (I use a preset per song with scenes for different parts), it is perfect. However, for using a versatile kitchen sink approach, improv playing and jamming, I feel like the 6 button interface is too fiddly for me, at least for now. This probably wouldn’t be as much of an issue if I was focused on just guitar, but when I’m singing as well, and trying to connect with the audience, I just want more things on tap without hold functions and menu navigating. For these reasons I may pick up the 12 when my invite rolls in, even though I really like the 6, which is more capable than I first imagined. Hope some of this helps.

FC6 is a great form factor. For playing with a band that has consistent predictable changes in each song (I use a preset per song with scenes for different parts), it is perfect. However, for using a versatile kitchen sink approach, improv playing and jamming, I feel like the 6 button interface is too fiddly for me, at least for now. This probably wouldn’t be as much of an issue if I was focused on just guitar, but when I’m singing as well, and trying to connect with the audience, I just want more things on tap without hold functions and menu navigating. For these reasons I may pick up the 12 when my invite rolls in, even though I really like the 6, which is more capable than I first imagined. Hope some of this helps.

Agreed. I currently use a FAMC LF+ PRO+, 12+ and BE-2 and connect them in expander mode when writing or improv, so I have access to 38 foot switches. For completed songs, I use Song Mode, so I only need to use 4 foot switches: Tuner, Song Up/Down selection, Song increment presets and Song decrement presets. I setup song presets in the order of the song, so I press the increment switch for every song section and never have to remember which switch to press. I only have the decrement switch for if I accidentally press the increment twice.

I'm a week away on the FC wait list and plan to get 2 FC-12's and use my LF+ 12+ for Set List and Song Mode until FAS implements it into the FC's.

Back
Top Bottom