FC-12: These photos don't do it justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks very nice. Will it have midi in/out connections for use with axfx II and what shall be it's midi capabilities?

Do the buttons have long press like the Ax8. So say drive 1 could turn on the compressor with a long press or something like that?

Looks nice! I am about to get on the waitlist, but I'd like to know which one I should go for. I'm not currently a live guitarist, but I like to buy the best so I don't buy twice (after all, that's why I am interested in Fractal in the first place).

I couldn`t agree more...
Once you get bitten by the Fractal bug ,its hard (inconceivable) to go Back.!!!!!!!!

The iii has a midi block so while the FC can’t directly control other hardware if you have it connected to the III it should in turn allow midi messages to be sent. At least this is how I understand the feature set

Sure! In all honesty, in every way, this pedal is exactly what everyone is hoping it is--and more. In all the ways the III expands on the II, this expands just as fulfillingly on the MFC, combining the best features of that controller with the expanded control elements of the AX and FX8.
Customization and feature set for days; seamless integration with the HW (which anyone with a III can explore first-hand through the Foot Controllers menu); and the bomb-proof road-worthiness anyone with an FAS product is already familiar with.
No b.s.: the wait will be well, well worth it.

Thanks Coop! I've looked through the III's control options and saw there was a lot of built in functionality for the FC pedals so I knew it would be pretty cool. Can you use your MMGT at the same time? I am already seeing ways that adding an FC-6 might be much better than just external switches.

Do the buttons have long press like the Ax8. So say drive 1 could turn on the compressor with a long press or something like that?

Yes. Although it would be best if they have a long press you can program however you wish (so maybe long press toggle delay 1 and short press toggles delay 2). I don't know if that is the case or not.

Austin

Trying to understand these and justify the expense. With the FC6, you could have up or down preset, up or down scene, tuner and something else, where with the FC12 it's up or down preset, individual selections for up to 8 scenes, tuner and something else.

Aside from the fancy lighting and scribble strips, does this do anything a general midi switcher can't? That is, am I missing out on some feature by using (whatever you have laying around)?

While I am sort of on the fence with the FC-6/12, my understanding is that there are up to 12 preset layouts (8 global and 4 user), meaning you can think of the layouts as completely different FC units. If we use the FC-6 as an example, maybe one Layout is 6 scenes, one layout looper controls, one layout is filled with IA buttons to turn 6 FX on/off, one layout chooses presets, or whatever you want. Since the Layouts are accessible via a something like a long press on one of the buttons, it's like having multiple FC-6s in one.

That is something you can't easily do with most other controllers.

Could you use 4 buttons for 8 scenes by doubling up? Like show "Scene 1/2", where a press would choose 1, and a doubletap or long press would choose 2?

@fswalt
With all the controllability of scenes and channels, you won't likely need as many IAs available. My take is that the FC isn't really being marketed as a better option to midi controllers, but as a more native one for those who want to take full advantage of all of the features in the Axe FX III rather than splitting the load between controller and modeler.

Better depends on the user, I'd say. I'm thinking of using them together!

I'd love to see a pic of the FC next to either a Lf Jr+ or 12+ to get an idea of size difference and screen/character comparison...anyone have both?

Trying to understand these and justify the expense. With the FC6, you could have up or down preset, up or down scene, tuner and something else, where with the FC12 it's up or down preset, individual selections for up to 8 scenes, tuner and something else.

Aside from the fancy lighting and scribble strips, does this do anything a general midi switcher can't? That is, am I missing out on some feature by using (whatever you have laying around)?
It has multiple layouts of switches that you can change between.

It will "know" the state of every block and channel in every scene of the active preset.

Have you used an MFC-101? If not, you may need miss those things. If so, you won't want to live without them.

Also, any button can do anything... And it can actually do 2 things: on tap and on hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom