FC-12 Switch/Effects Layout

CraigP

Inspired
How would I rearrange effects on the FC-12? So far, I have used the default layout when creating presets or using those made by other folks. But, how would I move the effect on switch 1, say it is a Comp 1, over to switch 3? And/or a phase or flanger from switch 5 to switch 1 (or any other combination you can think of)? What I am thinking of is as an example, drive on switch 1, chorus switch 2, reverb switch 3, etc.
This is just something I have considered in order to make my preset layouts more "similar" so I can instinctively know where on the FC-12 certain effects would be controlled. My eyes are getting horrible and consistency is key since I can remember patterns or layouts easily, even if I cannot read the scribble strips while performing.

I tried searching for info on this and did not find what I was looking for, so I hope this post makes sense to you folks here.
Thanks in advance...............Craig

You can drag and drop the switches in the FC Controllers screen in Axe Edit to swap their position. You can also right click the switch in the layout and copy and paste as well.

You can drag and drop the switches in the FC Controllers screen in Axe Edit to swap their position. You can also right click the switch in the layout and copy and paste as well.
OK, I will mess with it again later...it is just not responding as I expected. The changes appear to be "global" on edit but do not revert to a default setting even if it is not "saved."
Thx

What does this mean?
Means that when I makes changes, don't like them, I can't find a way to revert back to what was there by default. I have not really messed with this and believe I may be overthinking it a bit. No worries, it won't stop me LOL...I am ending up with 3 switches on the "FC Controller" in edit with the same effect on them.

Means that when I makes changes, don't like them, I can't find a way to revert back to what was there by default. I have not really messed with this and believe I may be overthinking it a bit. No worries, it won't stop me LOL...I am ending up with 3 switches on the "FC Controller" in edit with the same effect on them.
You have to change them to what you want.

If you are using the stock effects layout, you can drag the buttons where you want them in AxeEdit. I use custom layouts for my setup, and Per-Preset Overrides on an almost-empty layout let me arrange things in a fairly consistent pattern despite differences in individual presets.

Yessir...guess I need to get over seeing multiple "Amp 1" on switches 2, 4 and 9 simultaneously when using effects view on the FC. I just need to get over my OCD :)
I’m not understanding. You don’t need to “get over it”, just change them to something other than Amp 1.

You can reload all default layouts on the Axe front panel Setup > FC, page all the way right to Load Default Layouts.

But if you have multiple switches that show Amp 1, and you don’t want that, just change those switches to something else.

I’m not understanding. You don’t need to “get over it”, just change them to something other than Amp 1.

You can reload all default layouts on the Axe front panel Setup > FC, page all the way right to Load Default Layouts.

But if you have multiple switches that show Amp 1, and you don’t want that, just change those switches to something else.
This is where I was getting stuck, " default layouts on the Axe front panel Setup > FC, page all the way right to Load Default Layouts." It simple now that you've shown me how. Thanks again :)

Back
Top Bottom