Bug? FC-12 stays in Failsafe 0.03 after import

DadBodBBQ

Hello Fractilians, I just set up my sparkly new FX3 and FC-12. I updated firmware through Axe Edit on the FC-12 to the latest version, 1.13 (FX3 was already updated), When I imported a new preset to an empty space, the foot controller went into failsafe 0.03 and would not function until rebooted. I've searched the forums and found a few posts pertaining to this issue, so I attempted those fixes. No dice.
I re-updated the FC and tried again using a different preset into a different empty block. Same result. I've tried a few other things that I thought might fix the issue, but it still locks up as soon as I hit "import".

Any help would be appreciated. It's not a show-stopper since everything else works 100%, but it's a little annoying to unplug the FC or reboot the Axe fx every time I import a new preset. Thoughts?

Hello Fractilians, I just set up my sparkly new FX3 and FC-12. I updated firmware through Axe Edit on the FC-12 to the latest version, 1.13 (FX3 was already updated), When I imported a new preset to an empty space, the foot controller went into failsafe 0.03 and would not function until rebooted. I've searched the forums and found a few posts pertaining to this issue, so I attempted those fixes. No dice.
I re-updated the FC and tried again using a different preset into a different empty block. Same result. I've tried a few other things that I thought might fix the issue, but it still locks up as soon as I hit "import".

Any help would be appreciated. It's not a show-stopper since everything else works 100%, but it's a little annoying to unplug the FC or reboot the Axe fx every time I import a new preset. Thoughts?
Have you tried reverting the FC-12 to v1.12?

Note: 1.13 is NOT required if you are already running firmware 1.12. It does not add any new features or fixes, nor does it alter FC performance in any way. it is backwards compatible with all FC Mark II units, but only FC units manufactured after November 2022 require this version to work correctly, and those units are shipped with 1.13 pre-installed. To determine your current firmware version, watch the FC main display while the unit boots up.

I'm assuming you have an FC-12 Mk II.

I can confirm the problem on my unit. I reloaded v1.13 into my FC-12 Mk II and can duplicate the problem with the failsafe message. In addition, the mini-displays will be garbled. I suspect this is a corner-case in the testing where we didn't test reloading v1.13 on top of v1.13.

I sent in a bug report for it, but since it's Friday and going into the Christmas weekend it might take a few days to get additional help.

I haven’t done anything intentionally, but the problem seems to have stopped. I uploaded all of the Gifts of Tone yesterday with no issue. IDK what changed, but everything seems to be functioning as designed now.

I haven’t done anything intentionally, but the problem seems to have stopped. I uploaded all of the Gifts of Tone yesterday with no issue. IDK what changed, but everything seems to be functioning as designed now.
As part of testing the problem, I did a factory reset of the FX3 but the problem remained. I was out of town for several days with the power to the unit disconnected from the wall. This morning I did another factory reset of the FX3, and reloaded the factory FC-12 layouts, recalibrated my EV-2 pedals, and after the FX3 restarted the FC-12 was behaving. I was able to import the GoT Petrucci Rig 2023 without problems.

There isn't anything special that seems to have fixed the problem so it might be intermittent. Intermittent is bad. :-/

@DadBodBBQ, I'll take a look at this. Can you please provide the preset that you are importing? Also, what version of firmware are you running on the Axe-Fx?

hmmm…. I imported about 20 presets. I know that the Metallica tone match preset from Vee was one of them. https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=10015
Running the latest firmware 21.01 in the FX3.
It must have been one of the other presets causing the issue. If at all possible, providing those 20 presets would be incredibly helpful as I haven't been able to reproduce the issue you experienced so far.

Does the FC go to fail safe every time you import a preset?

It did for the first few days, but it is no longer happening.
Thanks for reporting this and trying to help us get to the bottom of it. If it happens again, please report back and hopefully we can figure out the cause.

Back
Top Bottom