FC-12 randomly freezes

JIMMY G

Inspired
Anyone having issues with the FC-12 randomly not working? It freezes and then you can see the button assignments but nothing works when you press the buttons on the FC. It will work again after I shut off the Axe 3 and restart then after a little while it freezes again. The front panel works just not the FC-12. Started on the 20.00 update I think. I'm not very good at knowing what to do as I have trouble understanding this thing a lot. I'm not sure what to provide info wise, Sorry for my ignorance ahead of time. Any help would nice. Thanks

Anyone having issues with the FC-12 randomly not working? It freezes and then you can see the button assignments but nothing works when you press the buttons on the FC. It will work again after I shut off the Axe 3 and restart then after a little while it freezes again. The front panel works just not the FC-12. Started on the 20.00 update I think. I'm not very good at knowing what to do as I have trouble understanding this thing a lot. I'm not sure what to provide info wise, Sorry for my ignorance ahead of time. Any help would nice. Thanks
Have you talked with support@fractalaudio.com?

Which model of the FC12 are you using, and which firmware? You can unplug the FC12 and plug it back in and watch the startup screen for that information.

I'm using firmware 21.01 and the FC-12 is first edition not mark 2 and is running 1.12. I'll try a the new cord and if it continues I'll contact support. I'm trying to avoid that but it just keeps happening. Thanks for your suggestions, I'll report back after I use it tomorrow.
Happy New Year Everyone!!

In also just saw this from firmware 1.12 release notes not sure if this is still a problem or if it has something to do with my issues.
FC 1.12 Release Notes:
  • Improved robustness to mitigate the rare occurrences some customers have with footswitches, mini-LCDs, and LED rings freezing or otherwise misbehaving.

In also just saw this from firmware 1.12 release notes not sure if this is still a problem or if it has something to do with my issues.
FC 1.12 Release Notes:
  • Improved robustness to mitigate the rare occurrences some customers have with footswitches, mini-LCDs, and LED rings freezing or otherwise misbehaving.
Well, if you're already running 1.12 as you said, then not likely as that is something it fixed...

Ya it's weird that it's just like the bug that was fixed, oh well I'll
try a new cord tomorrow and go from there. I'm sure it will get worked out one way or another.
Thanks

I tried two different cords and it still happened. I noticed that it's the first 3 switches bottom right. I checked the MLM switch combo and it's set to disabled. I think I understand that to be the proper setting to use those switches as normal, or I might have it backwards just triyng to find that answer in the manual. I just try it enabled and the switches don't work right away where it usually takes a few presses of the bottom Rt.3 switches. So it does the same thing enabled or disabled. If anyone has another suggestion that would be cool.

I tried two different cords and it still happened. I noticed that it's the first 3 switches bottom right. I checked the MLM switch combo and it's set to disabled. I think I understand that to be the proper setting to use those switches as normal, or I might have it backwards just triyng to find that answer in the manual. I just try it enabled and the switches don't work right away where it usually takes a few presses of the bottom Rt.3 switches. So it does the same thing enabled or disabled. If anyone has another suggestion that would be cool.
The MLM doesn't have anything to do with any switches except the 2 farthest right - #6 & #12.

Most likely you have a loose ribbon cable inside.

The switches are physically attached in groups of 3 in a "module".

You can try opening the unit and making sure the ribbon cable for those 3 switches is firmly in place.

Sounds like it's a possibility I'll check that out. I'm not sure if I should open it, but I guess I could just open it and look, I don't think that me opening it will cause any issues. Thanks for the suggestions I'll keep on it :cool:

Sounds like it's a possibility I'll check that out. I'm not sure if I should open it, but I guess I could just open it and look, I don't think that me opening it will cause any issues. Thanks for the suggestions I'll keep on it :cool:

Contact support. I'm guessing they'll suggest the same thing if it's something you're comfortable doing.

Back
Top Bottom