FC-12 Preset Toggle ('BAK' function)

craiguitar

Power User
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me how to set preset switches to toggle back to the previous preset (the same way as the 'BAK' function on the MFC did)?

That was a very useful feature prior to the incorporation of scenes.

I do use scenes also, and for many songs I have utilised all 8 scenes but even then still need to toggle between two presets.
I know that you can select a secondary preset to toggle between, but that is a fixed preset number. It's better for me to be able to simply toggle back to the previous preset (no matter which one it was). This function works very well on the MFC and should do so in the FC's also.

Will this allow you to basically toggle back to the previous selection

Kinda like smart toggle
If you use the toggle feature it remembers the last setting

This would be very useful if you had something like a plexi /Dzl on toggle
And wanted to go back to say the DZL scene without having to tap the switch twice

Will this allow you to basically toggle back to the previous selection

Kinda like smart toggle
If you use the toggle feature it remembers the last setting

This would be very useful if you had something like a plexi /Dzl on toggle
And wanted to go back to say the DZL scene without having to tap the switch twice

Basically yes, you press a preset button again and it goes back to the previous preset you had loaded regardless of what bank it was in.
For those using the switches as scenes, it might work for that too, so you can toggle between the current and previous scene.

Basically yes, you press a preset button again and it goes back to the previous preset you had loaded regardless of what bank it was in.
For those using the switches as scenes, it might work for that too, so you can toggle between the current and previous scene.

Yes i think AdminM mentioned that it would be useful on scenes as well
Especially if you had something like an FM3

If you have switch one toggling between scene 1 Hiwatt and Scene to Dzl. And you leave the DZL scene to hit lead on another switch you would
Like the DZL to still be active the next time you hit switch one

Smart scene or recall prior
Behaviour option would save a lot of dancing

I hope we don't lose current function tho - I often will be in a scene, in the heat of battle turning on and off effects as desired, and can just hit the same scene button again to 'reset' back to the current scene defaults. Really handy... so maybe "BAK" could be a config option like on MFC.

I hope we don't lose current function tho - I often will be in a scene, in the heat of battle turning on and off effects as desired, and can just hit the same scene button again to 'reset' back to the current scene defaults. Really handy... so maybe "BAK" could be a config option like on MFC.

Yes, it should be a selectable option, it's not something everyone wants, similar to its availability as an option on the MFC.

Umm. Ok. Dumb question. Where do you set this? I can't find any place that says 2nd Press?

-Ro
You need to edit the switch settings for each switch in your layouts that you want to have this behavior.

The switches each have that option when they are Preset or Scene switches.

Ok. Well.... Either I'm am crazy or living in an alternate universe. I cannot find anything anywhere that I look that will allow me to change these switch settings. Could someone please tell me the steps to get to the editing screen/menu starting with Axe Edit main screen? I'd appreciate it (and so would my sanity).

For what it's worth, using the latest version of Axe Edit and 15.01 on my FX 3.

Thanks!!!

-Ro

Back
Top Bottom