FC-12 power supply question

REDD

Fractal Fanatic
I'm thinking of daisy chaining two FC-12's and I have a few power supplies but none of them are 1000ma. One is 200 and one 1700ma, does it have to be 1000ma?

Yeah, the voltage must match (in FC 12, can take anything from 9-12v), but the amps can be any number equal to or above what is required. The unit will only draw the amps it wants/needs at any given time, so having more is not an issue. Having less amps than necessary will be an issue though!! Don't forget to ensure that the +/- on those power supplies matches the polarity on the FC12 (Positive on ring, negative on center). If you power supplies polarity is opposite do NOT plug it in to the FC12. I think you can reverse the wires on the power supply unit though if it is backwards!

Yeah, the voltage must match (in FC 12, can take anything from 9-12v), but the amps can be any number equal to or above what is required. The unit will only draw the amps it wants/needs at any given time, so having more is not an issue. Having less amps than necessary will be an issue though!! Don't forget to ensure that the +/- on those power supplies matches the polarity on the FC12 (Positive on ring, negative on center). If you power supplies polarity is opposite do NOT plug it in to the FC12. I think you can reverse the wires on the power supply unit though if it is backwards!
For what it's worth, if you ever needed one, they actually make a reverse polarity adapter. It just looks like a 4 inch extension, except it reverses the polarity.

I can see the smaller display fine, so the marked down fc-12 is flaring up G.A.S. I don't need 2 FC-6 and another board with a FC-12, and 2 expression pedals on each board. Someone talk me out of this! 😝😛😝

Back
Top Bottom