FC-12 / Permanent Mute Switch!

Ernie Echo

During a show we are switching the presets (not scenes) of my Axe III via Midi from a Laptop (connected to "Midi in" of the Axe III). Is it possible to program a "Mute/Tuning Switch" on the FC-12 that keeps its status even when a Program Change is sent from the Laptop to the Axe? I would like to avoid the risk that the Mute function is disabled when I am still tuning the guitar. Or in other words - how do I program a "Permanent Mute/Tuning Switch" that does not react to changes of the presets made by the laptop? Any help is highly appreciated!

During a show we are switching the presets (not scenes) of my Axe III via Midi from a Laptop (connected to "Midi in" of the Axe III). Is it possible to program a "Mute/Tuning Switch" on the FC-12 that keeps its status even when a Program Change is sent from the Laptop to the Axe? I would like to avoid the risk that the Mute function is disabled when I am still tuning the guitar. Or in other words - how do I program a "Permanent Mute/Tuning Switch" that does not react to changes of the presets made by the laptop? Any help is highly appreciated!
Can’t you just set the mute option on the Tuner itself, so then you’ll ONLY mute when you activate the tuner?

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Tuner#Mute_while_tuning

If I’m following your question right, sounds like that’s what you’re after?

Once you’re in the tuner, you can only quit the tuner by issuing a “quit tuner” command (usually by using the same footswitch that you started the tuner with). Changing presets won’t knock you out of tuner mode.

Once you’re in the tuner, you can only quit the tuner by issuing a “quit tuner” command (usually by using the same footswitch that you started the tuner with). Changing presets won’t knock you out of tuner mode.
Are you sure about that? With the Mfc-101 the Program Change from the Laptop kicks me out of the Tuner Mode. My FC-12 is on the way so I couldn‘t test it yet...

Are you sure about that? With the Mfc-101 the Program Change from the Laptop kicks me out of the Tuner Mode. My FC-12 is on the way so I couldn‘t test it yet...
Okay, I only remembered that halfway. :) Scene changes won't pop you out of tuner mode, but preset changes will.

Back
Top Bottom