FC-12 PERFORM/PER-PRESET Question

Hi, Gang,

Looked for this particular question, and couldn’t find anything.

I am running my FC-12 on a PERFORM layout I designed. I can toggle banks, song presets, and my scenes within each song. Four of my switches are assigned to my outs; FRFR, my Vox amp, my Fender amp, and one not being used presently.

While playing tonight, I was switching my amps around during Scene 1 of the song. As I switched to Scene 2, I noticed my output changed for that new Scene. The Output changed back to what was when I saved it - FRFR on, other two amps off.

I figured those switches/Outputs, since they’re the same on my PERFORM layout, wouldn’t change going to a new Song, let alone a new Scene.

How do I program (edited) my Output blocks to be global? Use the Per-Preset function?

Thanks in advance!

Scotty

Last edited:
what you're describing is a little vague. i'm not sure exactly what you wanted or expected.

i also don't know exactly how "four of your switches" are setup to be "assigned to your outs."

but Scenes save all block statuses. if you have FRFR on saved in Scene 2, changing to S2 will turn that on. if you make changes in Scene 1, S2 will load with whatever is saved there.

so in S1, if you "change outputs" then go to S2, those "changed outputs" won't stay because the Scene is loading whatever was saved.

Yes, that describes what is happening - and why.

So I need to find a way to make my Output Blocks global, not per Scene.

I’m asking if the Per-Preset method is the way to go.

Thanks!

Yes, that describes what is happening - and why.

So I need to find a way to make my Output Blocks global, not per Scene.

I’m asking if the Per-Preset method is the way to go.

Thanks!
All blocks are per scene. Switches have nothing to do with it. Scenes dictate what blocks do.

Turn one on, the other turns off.
What Chris said. Set up a controller per output, then group them so only one can be on at a time.

Chris, quick q: if an output is bypassed, it shuts off signal, right? If so, might be better to contol the bypass state, as the volumes only go down to -80dB.

Here's where you do it:
Screen%20Shot%202019-10-03%20at%209.14.53%20PM.png

For example:

CS1 has your output that feeds the FRFR
CS2 has your output that feeds the VOX
CS3 has your output that feeds the Fender

Simply set the CS link at the bottom like this:
Screen%20Shot%202019-10-03%20at%209.17.16%20PM.png

Then, only one output will be on (or off, depending on how you set the control switches) at a time. :)

Just verified. Bypassed outputs put out no signal. Set up each output's bypass button (right click to get here) so that a separate CS controls it, and set it like this, and you should be able to use them as suggested above to get output switching independent of scenes. :)
Screen%20Shot%202019-10-03%20at%209.20.35%20PM.png

Once you have the control links hooked to the output bypass buttons, simply set up a CS for each on the [ Per-Preset FC ] page, and stick that button somewhere on your FC controller layout, either via a per-preset switch or by using per-preset overrides.
Screen%20Shot%202019-10-03%20at%209.23.40%20PM.png

I tend to prefer the per-preset-override, but I can see some cases where using the per-preset individual switches could be handy.
Screen%20Shot%202019-10-03%20at%209.31.58%20PM.png

You could, probably, also put the switches directly into a layout if the output selection thing is to be global.

Last edited:
I am not 100% sure, but I think the CS settings get polled upon preset switch, so the switch settings, if put into all your presets you want this behavior to exist in, should survive preset switching as well as scene switching.

Chris, can you verify if I am correct above or off my rocker?

Back
Top Bottom