FC 12 Per-preset

Snouttrout

Inspired
Everyone,

I just set-up the per-preset layout with the scenes 1-8, a tuner, and some looper functions. It appears that I have configured it (somehow) in a way that the scene doesn't change right away when I press the button down on the FC12. I think it waiting for me to release the switch (as long as I do it quickly, otherwise there in no change). I want the scene to change ASAP when I press down. Can anyone suggest what to change?

If I press and release pretty quickly, then the scenes change fairly quickly, but not as quickly as when I use the SCENCES layout.

If you have a hold function on the switch it must wait for the release before executing the tap function.

Similarly, if you have Master Layout "Switch-Combo" enabled (SETUP->FC Controllers->Config page), your bottom right switch will always fire on the up for tap functions.

If neither of these apply to your setup, please upload your preset and "System + Global Blocks + FC" backups from FractalBot and I'll take a look.

The hold function is unassigned on all of the switches, as I don’t use that feature
the Tap and Hold functions are separate for Per-Preset switches. so even if you didn't assign a Per Preset hold function, you could still have the "normal" hold function there.

double check that.

are all Scene switches doing this? or just the bottom right one? that switch has a "hidden" MLM function by default.

All of the scenes are doing that, not only the bottom right one.

Can you tell me where to find the hidden MLM function? I’m not sure what MLM means or how it should change the default settings

Can you explain this part a bit more?

the Tap and Hold functions are separate for Per-Preset switches. so even if you didn't assign a Per Preset hold function, you could still have the "normal" hold function there.

when you assign PPS, you only assign one at a time. if you put a PPS on the Tap function, you aren't also putting it on that switch's Hold function at the same time. they're separate.

look at the Tap vs Hold assignments. you can put a PPS on the Tap, and something "normal" on the Hold. so your Hold functions might have those normal functions assigned.

The hold function is unassigned like this. Does that look correct?View attachment 58684
so that shows that the Per-Preset doesn't have a hold assigned to it.

the normal, non per preset functions in the main FC section could still have a hold function assigned.

assigning the Tap function as a PP does not automatically assign the Hold function of the switch.

You were correct! I had to change the settings on the main FC section such that the hold functions were unassigned! That worked.

Thanks so much!!

Back
Top Bottom